Newcastle takeover???

Soldato
Surely if he really wanted to sell this was absolutely the time to do it. Team overachieved for a second season, still got Rafa and could have got him to sign an extension. Attractive proposition for an owner.

Now without Rafa they'll probably go down and the chance of cashing out is gone.

Soldato
I really don't think he has any intention of selling, as someone mentioned earlier Newcastle have been 'for sale' for 10 years now and all he's had is some flimsy enquiries, I think he's deliberately being awkward with potential buyers as he doesn't want to sell but wants to play the "It is for sale but they clearly weren't serious" card so he doesn't appear to be the issue to the fans.

Caporegime
Same woman who was supposedly brokering the deal last time too.

wonder if Mike will meet the new suitors at a London Hotel again, get absolutely ****-faced and vomit into a plant pot again like he was rumoured to have done last time?

have to say, and even some Newcastle fans are coming round to him, despite his Sunderland connections, Steve Bruce is doing a decent job.

Don
Amanda Staveley has been involved in numerous takeover bids for PL sides over the years. She was leading Dubai's attempts to buy Liverpool over 10 years ago now.

As for Ashley, I don't believe that happened in a meeting with potential buyers for Newcastle. Iinm that was a Sports Direct managers meeting but anything is possible with Mike.

Soldato
OP
I'm saying nout lol

Not happen we are not that lucky. These guys are the richest in the world.

111billion turnover in 2018 that's the difference this time. These guys have the money were others where struggling.

This does have legs but MA will **** it up just like he did with the guys that got City. Think he insulted them in a famous hotel spat.

He be looking his his gruby fat hands on shirts rights and advertising wait and see!!!

Soldato
I won't care until it's final, but any football fan bemoaning another for wanting new, potentially ambitious ownership is a danger to society.

Soldato
I won't care until it's final, but any football fan bemoaning another for wanting new, potentially ambitious ownership is a danger to society.

I’m a danger to society because I think Newcastle fans are hypocrites? You moan about Ashley’s business practices yet are celebrating one of the worst people on this planet taking over what I thought was a community club.

Soldato
We haven't been a 'community club' under MA, so maybe a bit of structure and investment in the future will change that.

Well yeah, I want us to win football games. Fine with being a hypocrite as long as MA never graces this club again. Also, you're generalising. Not all fans will feel this way so maybe try and relax a little.

Soldato
Ok so explain whats a "danger to society" then as your morals appear to be rock bottom mate.

Because your football opinions are almost always awful.

I don't even know the names behind the bid (besides Amanda) let alone their day-to-day lives or their politics and truthfully, I couldn't care less. All I care about is how the club is run. That's all I've ever cared about.

Soldato
Because your football opinions are almost always awful.

I don't even know the names behind the bid (besides Amanda) let alone their day-to-day lives or their politics and truthfully, I couldn't care less. All I care about is how the club is run. That's all I've ever cared about.

You literally called me a danger to society, what does that even mean.

You dont know whos going to own your club? Google it. Ashley doesnt have anything on that fella...

Man of Honour
It's easy to be wise when you support a well run club like Liverpool.

Of course, most of these wealthy Arab countries are pretty abhorrent, regardless of money. Their backwards ideologies are disguised by impressive towering skyscrapers.

I can see both sides.

Soldato
It's easy to be wise when you support a well run club like Liverpool.

Of course, most of these wealthy Arab countries are pretty abhorrent, regardless of money. Their backwards ideologies are disguised by impressive towering skyscrapers.

I can see both sides.

I cant. Celebrating Mike Ashley leaving the club then welcoming that lot...doesnt sit right with me.

Don
You seem to be confusing the different issues around Mike Ashley and what Newcastle fans care about. Ask 100 Newcastle fans why they hate Ashley and you'll be lucky if you find 10 whose main issue is around Ashley's business practices. The vast majority will only care about how much money he invests into the club and more specifically how little they spend on transfers.

Back
Top Bottom