iPhone SE 2020

Man of Honour
Finally! My SE is still going strong but I'll be pre-ordering this on Friday if the prices aren't too much higher than the US figures announced.

Looks like they're using the iPhone 8 body with upgraded internals, as expected no headphone jack on this model.

iPhone SE 2020
4.7" Retina HD display
A13 Bionic
Single 12MP camera
Portrait mode (of people only)
TouchID + haptic touch
IP67
Qi Wireless charging
64GB 128GB 256GB
1,821mAh battery (same as iPhone 8)
Red, black and White colours
Starts at $399

Pre orders from Friday, shipping from the 24th, anyone else ordering one?

https://www.apple.com/uk/iphone-se/specs/

Last edited:
Soldato
I really want to know which camera sensor it is. iPhone XR? Or the main shooter from the iPhone 11? If it’s the latter I’m in.

The Pixel 4A has some serious competition now.

EDIT - side by side, from the spec available on Apple’s website, it looks like the XR camera. Identical aperture and no night mode.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I think the form factor is wrong. It’s essentially the same front design as an iPhone 6 from 2014. This would have been a really nice phone if they had thin bezels like the iPhone 11. Basically a mini iPhone 11.

Soldato
Basically a mini iPhone 11.

Apple gave the vanilla 11 a deliberately gimped screen to differentiate it from the Pro models (a full HD screen would have likely cost them an additional tuppence per unit), so I can see why they made no effort to improve the design of the SE.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Apple gave the vanilla 11 a deliberately gimped screen to differentiate it from the Pro models (a full HD screen would have likely cost them an additional tuppence per unit), so I can see why they made no effort to improve the design of the SE.
It’s just Apples standard approach, not surprising. I’m thinking the Pixel 4a will be better than the SE if the rumours are true.

Soldato
Very tempted. I've been an Android man for a long, long time but my work iPhone 8 impresses me, and I'm fed up with the ever-growing screen sizes on Android phones.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Very tempted. I've been an Android man for a long, long time but my work iPhone 8 impresses me, and I'm fed up with the ever-growing screen sizes on Android phones.

The Samsung S10e is pretty much the same size as the new SE. You get far more screen to body ratio on the S10e as well.

Back
Top Bottom