The gypsy problem

Soldato
Gypies have immunity from the law. A group of them race their traps down a dual carriageway near me every Sunday morning and police turn a blind eye to it.

Some boy races meet in a car park and the police are all over like a rash.

Soldato
Had a chat with one of my old neighbours the other day. (SW surrey)

In the midst of the lockdown a load of ****** parked up in a local pub (Recently refurbished) car park. They stripped the place bare, filled the car park with rubbish, and then went on to spread crap (Yes I mean Crap) all over the walls and floors and then, as a parting gift, smashed all the windows for good measure.

They then went on to the local Sainsburys car park where they had a big party culminating with a massive bonfire with a caravan in the middle.

As usual the local Police were utterly useless.

Was Hitler right when he put the gypsies in with them

Sometimes I do find myself thinking that the Austrian Corporals biggest failing was that he didn't finish the job!

Soldato
I think was a German guy who had a solution. It wasn't a popular one, because he also did it to other groups.

But yea, they have been thieving stuff around the area my parents live for years. The police don't do ****. They just fob people off with "it might not be them" (it's obviously them, no one else breaks in to garages and sheds to steal metal things).

Last edited:
Caporegime
No issues up here. I've never had any issues with them and I've never heard of anyone having any trouble with them.

My mate even gets one to clean his roof and driveway every year

So again...different planet. Just because YOU don't have issues in your specific locale doesn't mean there isn't a problem. Does it?

Soldato
I think was a German guy who had a solution. It wasn't a popular one, because he also did it to other groups.

As an aside,

At the time it was actually very popular.

One of the biggest Holocaust myths was that it was some sort of program carried out under conditions of great secrecy by a small number of evil fanatics.

It wasn't and it wasn't!

It was a vast industrial scale operation that involved the active participation of hundreds of thousands of ordinary civilians from all over Europe, Most of whom were not German! and the knowledge and tacit support of many millions of others, again most of whom were not German.

It is my suspicion that one of the motivations behind the current practice of wheeling out elderly "Boy Soldiers" to face show trials for things they might have done as teenagers nearly 80 years ago is a smokescreen to try to hide this really rather uncomfortable truth.

Soldato
lock them up where possible, they have too much freedom to do what they want
the rest of us civilised folk wouldn't get away with a fraction of what they get up to but yet they are left alone

Caporegime
Well clearly the police sometimes have issues when tackling a big encampment it's presumably got to be a planned operation etc...

Problem is the lack of consequences - could do with stronger laws and policing policies to use existing laws instead of turning a blind eye and claiming half the stuff they do is "a civil matter" - lets face it a regular person can't just drive a car around the local park, tear up the grass and fly tip rubbish - yet for that stuff they'll tend to get off Scott free... It's only really the blatant criminal damage, robberies etc.. that will get followed up.

I think a change to trespass laws, making sure that simply being there on public land is a criminal offence would be a good start. Also allow for confiscation of caravans when used illegally etc.. if they do own homes - various travellers do actually own houses in Ireland.

The big thing is having to wait for court orders etc.. for evictions - in most cases where they're on public land or private land that doesn't belong to them it ought to be a criminal offence and the police should be able to just remove them right away - they rely on the fact they can mince about for a few days while waiting for a court order and/or delay when they get one.. the owner of some caravans aren't around yet, it's getting late the kids have gone to sleep - can't move us now we'll go tomorrow etc..etc..

Should have a system where it is just a straight up criminal offence - the only need for court proceedings would then be over planning issue where the travellers actually own the land themselves.

Soldato
I have only really heard of one case where they ended up being evicted off a farm.
Several of our local farmers have to get them removed from their lands almost every month. The laybys and passing points on our roads are frequently full of fly-tipped junk. This is despite there being three perfectly good dedicated sites for "Persons of a transient nature" to rock up at and do their thing.

In other countries the Police just turn a blind eye when the population decides to "make the locality somewhere that gypsies don't want to go"...

Caporegime
You know what, quite possibly! I'm not sure they cause the same disruption in day to day living of us norms though!
First Year Sociology students try and make careers on the back of this. I'm not sure they're entirely wrong (although they are insufferable).

e: clarity. I'm agreeing, I think, with both you and Burnsy but for different reasons.

Soldato
Working in engineering we have to watch for them,the amount of times they have tried to break in or steal scrap even if we are in the yard.

Favourite tactic is to get their wife/kids in the car and reconnoitre the area
'took a wrong turn'
yeah, into an industrial estate and into a companies yard all the way to the back!

Scum.

Caporegime
Working in engineering we have to watch for them,the amount of times they have tried to break in or steal scrap even if we are in the yard.

Favourite tactic is to get their wife/kids in the car and reconnoitre the area
'took a wrong turn'
yeah, into an industrial estate and into a companies yard all the way to the back!

Scum.

A supplier I used to use had a major issue. They were a steel fabricator. If it wasn't nailed down, it went missing.

Soldato
Well clearly the police sometimes have issues when tackling a big encampment it's presumably got to be a planned operation etc...

Problem is the lack of consequences - could do with stronger laws and policing policies to use existing laws instead of turning a blind eye and claiming half the stuff they do is "a civil matter" - lets face it a regular person can't just drive a car around the local park, tear up the grass and fly tip rubbish - yet for that stuff they'll tend to get off Scott free... It's only really the blatant criminal damage, robberies etc.. that will get followed up.

I think a change to trespass laws, making sure that simply being there on public land is a criminal offence would be a good start. Also allow for confiscation of caravans when used illegally etc.. if they do own homes - various travellers do actually own houses in Ireland.

The big thing is having to wait for court orders etc.. for evictions - in most cases where they're on public land or private land that doesn't belong to them it ought to be a criminal offence and the police should be able to just remove them right away - they rely on the fact they can mince about for a few days while waiting for a court order and/or delay when they get one.. the owner of some caravans aren't around yet, it's getting late the kids have gone to sleep - can't move us now we'll go tomorrow etc..etc..

Should have a system where it is just a straight up criminal offence - the only need for court proceedings would then be over planning issue where the travellers actually own the land themselves.

A strictly enforced "Three Strikes" rule for criminal convictions would be a good start.

Hardly any of them would stay outside prison long enough to breed, the problem would be solved within a generation! :p

On another note, where does all the rubbish come from?

I would never in a million years enlist the services of gyppos to remove rubbish from my home.

Nobody I know would do so either.

So WTF does it all come from??

Soldato
H
A supplier I used to use had a major issue. They were a steel fabricator. If it wasn't nailed down, it went missing.

Had a friend who worked for a large steel producer,one day they drove through the barriers in a large truck ,drove straight to the exotic scrap skips and carted it away,got away with it as well!

It's worse when they walk into your workplace uninvited 'asking for scrap'
Again casing the joint.

Caporegime
A strictly enforced "Three Strikes" rule for criminal convictions would be a good start.

Hardly any of them would stay outside prison long enough to breed, the problem would be solved within a generation! :p

On another note, where does all the rubbish come from?

I would never in a million years enlist the services of gyppos to remove rubbish from my home.

Nobody I know would do so either.

So WTF does it all come from??

It comes from people that aren't as smart as or give less of a crap than you. A lot of it is also their own waste.

Caporegime
H

Had a friend who worked for a large steel producer,one day they drove through the barriers in a large truck ,drove straight to the exotic scrap skips and carted it away,got away with it as well!

It's worse when they walk into your workplace uninvited 'asking for scrap'
Again casing the joint.

Might be the same place. Over near Manchester? They had the exact same thing. Skip full of super duplex.

Soldato
It comes from people that aren't as smart as or give less of a crap than you. A lot of it is also their own waste.

It is the sheer quantity of it though.

Park up in the local Sainsburys and 24 hours later there is like 50 tons of it, more even!

Even in a town of 40,000 people (My old home town) there is a limit to how many old sofas and washing machines that need to be disposed of in 24 hours!

:confused:

Back
Top Bottom