4k 32" with a min of 120hz refresh rate with Gsync. Does such a thing exist?

Soldato
Hi,

As per the thread title. It seems I'm searching for something that just doesn't exist.

Currently using a Benq 32" 1440p monitor and its been great. The size is spot on but I could do with a little more screen real estate hence me wanting to go to 4k, plus I've recently got back into PC gaming which is why I would like a decent refresh rate.

I've spent quite a while looking at what's out there. Am I missing anything or does such a monitor not exist?

Soldato
OP
Ouch, look at the pricing as well.

You wouldn't think it was such a big ask but I guess it is :(

Guess ill have to give up on either 4k or the refresh rate. And if I had to chose, I would prob go with keeping the 4k as I do more work then gaming.

Top of my list is BenQ PD3200U 32 Inch 4K Graphic Design Monitor unless anyone can think of anything much better for sensible money.

Man of Honour
Ouch, look at the pricing as well.

You wouldn't think it was such a big ask but I guess it is :(

Guess ill have to give up on either 4k or the refresh rate. And if I had to chose, I would prob go with keeping the 4k as I do more work then gaming.

Top of my list is BenQ PD3200U 32 Inch 4K Graphic Design Monitor unless anyone can think of anything much better for sensible money.
With the initial monitors having Mini LED backlights they are going to be very expensive. Theres a good chance that later on there will be normal backlight versions which will be cheaper. That’s what happened with the first 27” 4K 144hz models

Soldato
With the initial monitors having Mini LED backlights they are going to be very expensive. Theres a good chance that later on there will be normal backlight versions which will be cheaper. That’s what happened with the first 27” 4K 144hz models

Firstly, thanks very much for your work at 'TFT central', I have used this site for years. (Damn! better PAtron now)

I've been wanting to ask you a question - so may as well be in this thread.

Will you be reviewing the LG OLED due imminently which is maybe predominantly a TV, or does it not qualify for TFT central for that reason? Understand that to test it fully will require a gfx card with HDMI 2.1 so will you wait until then?

Thanks in advance.....off to patron, bah! You should also have a one off payment option as well for thanks!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Yes actually I am hoping to get hold of the CX48 if I can. I’m trying to sort that out with LG if I can. It’s not really our normal display or target market but it’s interesting as a cross over

thanks if you’ve become a Patreon supporter. There are options to do one off “thanks” via the site too, which are always welcome :) https://m.tftcentral.co.uk/donations.htm

Soldato
Yes actually I am hoping to get hold of the CX48 if I can. I’m trying to sort that out with LG if I can. It’s not really our normal display or target market but it’s interesting as a cross over

thanks if you’ve become a Patreon supporter. There are options to do one off “thanks” via the site too, which are always welcome :) https://m.tftcentral.co.uk/donations.htm

Cheers For link - Done!;)

Soldato
It doesn’t exist yet but there are a couple announced and coming soon
Pretty sure Coronavirus will be convenient reason to push them back for another x+y months.
I mean what's some half+ year more after couple years of MIA...

Also despite of all marketing term quackery might be hard to find monitor whose gamut isn't smaller than in old Dell U3014...

Good grief £3k for the Acer Predator X32 :eek:

Great specs but that price is crazy who is even the target market for that?
Of which notable part likely goes straight to Nvidia...
That Nvidia jerry rig also has there some pipsqueek fan to wear out to make sure it doesn't last too well.
And price isn't problem... Just ask Hubbard.

Associate
I am in the same boat, 27" 4K is terrible, 32" is just about acceptable, but these prices are insane. 48" LG CX is £1500 right now, and that has Gsync and OLED.. these monitor guys are starting to annoy me. Is it just economies of scale?

Man of Honour
The LG CX48 is a TV, so a bit of an unfair comparison. If you want a screen online for multimedia, HDR and gaming then maybe it’s a good bet. But it’s not practical as a desktop monitor for other uses really

Associate
I am in the same boat, 27" 4K is terrible, 32" is just about acceptable, but these prices are insane. 48" LG CX is £1500 right now, and that has Gsync and OLED.. these monitor guys are starting to annoy me. Is it just economies of scale?

aye - I bought my 4k 60fps 28ins in 2014. It baffles me that we don't have something far better out yet, at least not at the same size & a stupid high price to match

Soldato
OP
Went with an LG 32GK850F in the end. Had it a few days now. I knew my current setup (4790k and 1080ti) was capable of running games maxed out at high frame rates. But figured it would struggle at 4K.

it’s the first time I’ve gamed at anything other that then standard 60hz and I’m amazed at the difference it makes. I play a modern warzone a bit and the differs night and day. Don’t think I could go back to 60hz for gaming again now.

Really happy with the choice in monitor. Looked at so many I felt like I was going in circles. Once I decided I just kept an eye out for deals. Managed to get an open box one off the rainforest for just over £350. Box was tatty but the monitor was as new. All the film etc still on.

colour were a bit garish out of the box. Found an colour profile for it and changed to the sRGB profile and now the picture looks really good.

Back
Top Bottom