Your first post on these forums

Commissario
Weird, mine keeps going and then eventually I get to one with only 14 pages and my oldest posts :( There must be a better way, Shirley.
OK, I did this and the earliest post I can find is from December 2002. I'd have had earlier ones but my account got screwed up and @2blue4u had to recreate it which meant that any earlier posts were lost. It was a shame because I originally had a nice lower member number.

Soldato
should i could i

ive been thinking about overclocking my cpu from a 3.2 to maybe 3.4 or 3.5 but the problem is my cpu gets hot too quickly for example it starts at 58c then say about twenty minutes later it can get to 65-70c. From what i have heard my abit ic7 max3 reads temps 10-15c more than it really is. im an absolute newbie when it comes to overclocking anything so i will make use of the guide. I was thinking about getting the hyper 6 but that dont fit on my motherboard cause of the otes cooling. So what should i do?

December 2004

Don
OK, I did this and the earliest post I can find is from December 2002. I'd have had earlier ones but my account got screwed up and @2blue4u had to recreate it which meant that any earlier posts were lost. It was a shame because I originally had a nice lower member number.

where do you find your member number?

i see a 381 after my username, is that it?

Caporegime
wont most peoples first posts have disappeared in the great forum purges, many of us have lost tens of thousands of our post count over the years

Caporegime
OP
wont most peoples first posts have disappeared in the great forum purges, many of us have lost tens of thousands of our post count over the years
Doubtful, if I were to guess. There are Rotty and Feek's slightly unusual circumstances (Don and Com, and in from the get-go if I understand correctly) and chris_r talking about how frequent the posting was pre-nuke but he has posted 3 thousand times in 17 years which by today's standards would be a non-interested party. I think there's a mix of "I posted literally thousands of posts pre-nuke" where that is sometimes true and sometimes coloured by fond memories, and I knew it would come up which I find so interesting.

Loving the chat and memory lane walks though, bloody good work gang.

Associate
Mine is a shocker: on a 'Should I get into mining' crypto thread started by another forum member where the discussion had turned to alternative investment. I suggested looking into peer-to-peer loan platforms as a short-term way to gain some healthy interest, and afterwards cited one platform that I had a little cash in. That platform went kaboom 18 months ago in a scandal and a ton of investors have lost a significant amount of money. :eek:

I did slightly redeem myself with post 2, in the 'Covers better than originals' thread with a Chris Cornell cover of 'Billie Jean'.

Re: searching, assuming this hasn't been mentioned, the quickest way is to click your forum name in the top right > your content > the end page is displayed after pages 1-6

Last edited:
Caporegime
LOL - my very first post in 2008, straight in with a strong opinion on something political:

I really don't like the way loans have replaced grants & loads more funding has been thrown at former polys

sending 50% of the population to Uni is a waste of time and has just encouraged softer degree courses at places that really shouldn't be allowed to call themselves universities

Man of Honour

I was one of the very first members. The former owner Pete said that Mark had created a forum and we could ask technical questions in there so I joined. It all went to poop so I rejoined.

My first thread in the search is showing up as a query about using macros in MS Word in 2006.

I definitely had threads and posts before 2006 though. I remember I unintentionally broke one of the house rules early on, late 2004 or early 2005. I made a thread apologising to the Dons about it. It was the rule where you can place a max size 400x75 banner in your signature, but I thought it was 400x80 as that's a more rounded size.

Don
Yup, I was in the low teens as I was one of the team that bl00 pre-registered before the forums were opened to the masses, post nuke.

I was too I think and i'm sure my number was pretty low too, may be 381 but I though it was in 20s or similar

Some of us were pre regged to make sure nobody tried to nick our user names iirc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom