Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
They never really did it for me but I understand the love. Congrats.

Cheers :)

R9....if that is less than £4000 new you've done well.

These seem to really hold their value but I got it down to £2800, second hand in great condition, looks unplayed and smells incredible. Funded with money that I inherited from my grandad, makes it just that little bit more special.

Caporegime
Cheers :)

These seem to really hold their value but I got it down to £2800, second hand in great condition, looks unplayed and smells incredible. Funded with money that I inherited from my grandad, makes it just that little bit more special.

That's a good deal, a new one of these are like £5k now....a used one they go from £3k to £3500 for a really nice top.

I keep thinking I want an R9 but I already have a Les Paul. :)

Soldato
That's a good deal, a new one of these are like £5k now....a used one they go from £3k to £3500 for a really nice top.

I keep thinking I want an R9 but I already have a Les Paul. :)

My budget was originally around £2000 for an LP Standard, but then the R9’s caught my eye and when I saw this I just had to jump. Yeah, those prices now of £5k are insane. They are lovely instruments and a lot of work goes in to making them, but it’s hard to justify those price bumps.

Caporegime
My budget was originally around £2000 for an LP Standard, but then the R9’s caught my eye and when I saw this I just had to jump. Yeah, those prices now of £5k are insane. They are lovely instruments and a lot of work goes in to making them, but it’s hard to justify those price bumps.

£2k for a Standard vs £2.8k for an R9....R9 everytime.

You can find a perfectly good Les Paul from the Standard, but the Custom Shop makes more consistent guitars, from lighter wood (I bet yours is around 8.5lbs), nicer top and more vintage vibe pickups.

Plus, you will always get your £2800 back, likely more as time goes on.

Last edited:
Soldato
£2k for a Standard vs £2.8k for an R9....R9 everytime.

You can find a perfectly good Les Paul from the Standard, but the Custom Shop makes more consistent guitars, from lighter wood (I bet yours is around 8.5lbs), nicer top and more vintage vibe pickups.

Plus, you will always get your £2800 back, likely more as time goes on.

Yep, 8.6lbs :) from less than ideal weighing scales. Great feel and finish, I do love strsts and this isn’t as unwieldy as I was thinking it might be.

That’s what I though regarding the money, a bit of an investment. I see we now have a guitar thread, I’ll head over there. :)

Soldato
Wife decided we need a new table and chairs for the kitchen, so we have one. We did buy 6 chairs but it looked a little too busy with that many and we rarely sit 6 with just the 3 of us. The 2 extra chairs are now being used upstairs so can be added if needed.

DSCF8637.jpg

DSCF8639.jpg

DSCF8642.jpg
Lovely table. Mind me asking where from? We've been looking for something similar.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Can't get enough of Anker USB cables. The packaging really is lovely. Cheaper to buy off amazon in bulk though without the fancy pouch.

Soldato
I've had nothing but problems with the red braided usb c cables and my P20 Pro. Constant disconnect reconnecting, android auto disconnections.

Ugreen cable I now use, perfect.

Man of Honour
Rode PSA-1

I had some initial concerns surrounding one of the mounts and it being "wobbly" but once its got the weight of the mic, it goes away :) - used it for a few days now, its lovely.
Thanks. I have heard good things about that mount from other places.

Back
Top Bottom