LG c9 OLED

Soldato
This is the banding I get on the C9 when the HDMI input is named "PC"

How do I fix it? I don't want to name the input "Game Console" cause then it uses 4:2:2 and looks blurry

a1aycady.jhi.png

Associate
This is the banding I get on the C9 when the HDMI input is named "PC"

How do I fix it? I don't want to name the input "Game Console" cause then it uses 4:2:2 and looks blurry

a1aycady.jhi.png

I'm not sure you can manually fix that banding.

Just a thought, but one thing I have noticed when investigating the hdr + gsync blacks, is that pc mode slightly elevates the lowest couple of squares on lagom lcd black level slide, maybe this could be a manifestation of this?

Edit, my testing was only using hdr mode.

Soldato
I'm not sure you can manually fix that banding.

Just a thought, but one thing I have noticed when investigating the hdr + gsync blacks, is that pc mode slightly elevates the lowest couple of squares on lagom lcd black level slide, maybe this could be a manifestation of this?

Edit, my testing was only using hdr mode.

I think I shall just need to turn down the brightness wider as you did, it may fix it if I go down far enough

Associate
I think I shall just need to turn down the brightness wider as you did, it may fix it if I go down far enough

Let me know. I guess its the gamma curve that is out at near black, so the banding will stay as reducing brightness will reduce all levels, not just first 1 or 2.

Associate
Could somene do the following test:

In a dark room
Whilst in hdr mode in windows
Disable g sync
Look at the lagom lcd black level test
Reduce TV brightness until the first box dissapears
Enable gsync
Look at the lagom black levels again

Is box 1 now visable?

This isn't the limited/high mismatch, although it has a less pronounced but similar result.

Edit, the above is all with the input labelled pc

Last edited:
Soldato
@MOOGLEYS

Hi I set my CX up today, trying to understand what all the settings do as some have changed slightly since my B6, I connected up my xbox direct to TV, Im guessing its similar to the C9, is there a setting I need to enable VRR?

I have selected game mode picture setting.

Thanks

Soldato
@MOOGLEYS

Hi I set my CX up today, trying to understand what all the settings do as some have changed slightly since my B6, I connected up my xbox direct to TV, Im guessing its similar to the C9, is there a setting I need to enable VRR?

I have selected game mode picture setting.

Thanks

Make sure all the video settings are set up on the Xbox. When I plugged mine in the TV recognised it as an Xbox and enabled ALLM automatically. VRR is set from the Xbox video settings.

Soldato
Make sure all the video settings are set up on the Xbox. When I plugged mine in the TV recognised it as an Xbox and enabled ALLM automatically. VRR is set from the Xbox video settings.

I leave most stuff on default/auto on the xbox, on my CX I have a setting called "enable instant game response". Is VRR/ ALLM only with a HDR source or will I get these features in SDR games as well?

Soldato
I leave most stuff on default/auto on the xbox, on my CX I have a setting called "enable instant game response". Is VRR/ ALLM only with a HDR source or will I get these features in SDR games as well?

ALLM should come on every time you turn on the Xbox. I get a message come up telling me it’s enabled. It’s just the tv automatically putting the tv in game mode and turning off all the processing. VRR is set from the Xbox within display settings. Both work in either SDR or HDR games.

Soldato
ALLM should come on every time you turn on the Xbox. I get a message come up telling me it’s enabled. It’s just the tv automatically putting the tv in game mode and turning off all the processing. VRR is set from the Xbox within display settings. Both work in either SDR or HDR games.

cheers, I got some message pop up saying instant game response launched and in Xbox settings I have enabled allow auto low latency mode and allow variable refresh rate.

I notice in game picture settings dynamic tone mapping is enabled it’s quite bright with it on so turned it off, there is also a something in here called HGIG.

Soldato
For game mode I have everything turned off on mine I think. I would presume the C10 is pretty similar to C9.

Will have a look later and see.

You should see everything on Xbox ticked except 3D....

Soldato
For game mode I have everything turned off on mine I think. I would presume the C10 is pretty similar to C9.

Will have a look later and see.

You should see everything on Xbox ticked except 3D....

Yeah settings is virtually identical from C9 to C10, I have most ticked I don't think I have allow YC22? ticked though in xbox video settings, sorry for all the questions but do you use 8 bit (default) or 10 bit in the xbox settings?

Back
Top Bottom