*** The Official Takeaway Voucher Code Thread ***

Caporegime
Well I signed up to Foodhub and used that NEW300 code because I fancied a Chinese, only one Chinese take-away open in my area on there, so ordered from there.

Checked reviews for the place afterwards, and quickly wished I hadn't!

Wish me luck! :p

Caporegime
Half an hour late, still "preparing", store closed 15 minutes ago.

Well good, I'm glad I made good use of that one time use voucher... :p :p

OK so I phoned them, and they said it has been delivered...... Um, no, if it had been delivered I wouldn't have called you would I? Idiots... :p

Foodhubs refund procedure doesn't seem to be as simple as Just Eats either... Pah

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Half an hour late, still "preparing", store closed 15 minutes ago.

Well good, I'm glad I made good use of that one time use voucher... :p :p

i've noticed quite a few restaurants don't update that order status info to say 'out for delivery',
also you can use the code more than once, just delete your account (in profile settings) and set up a new one with the same details

Caporegime
i've noticed quite a few restaurants don't update that order status info to say 'out for delivery',
also you can use the code more than once, just delete your account (in profile settings) and set up a new one with the same details

Good to know! :p

Store said "it should be on the way" after they said it had been delivered, and I said no it hasn't... Hopefully it is on the way, and they weren't just trying to get rid of me... Feel like the latter is more probable! :p

Soldato
Well I signed up to Foodhub and used that NEW300 code because I fancied a Chinese, only one Chinese take-away open in my area on there, so ordered from there.

Checked reviews for the place afterwards, and quickly wished I hadn't!

Wish me luck! :p

I always check the food hygiene rating too, I think FoodHub lets you do that, I know for a fact Just Eat does.

It's shocking how many 1 star rated places are out there.

Caporegime
I always check the food hygiene rating too, I think FoodHub lets you do that, I know for a fact Just Eat does.

It's shocking how many 1 star rated places are out there.

The hygeine rating is fine at 4/5.

Still isn't here though so uhh, I guess I'm not getting any food tonight. I shall make a peanut butter sandwich and go to bed feeling bitter. :p

Soldato
Welp, it arrived, cold, just about edible, but the crispy shredded chilli beef is more liky chewy shredded burned beef.

I take it you'll be adding to their list of bad reviews? :p

Nothing worse than ordering a take away and getting it late, cold, and poor quality.

Caporegime
Definitely not run by chinese people :D
If it was, polite staff and customer service would've been non-existent lol

They were Chinese. Could hear at least 3 people speaking Cantonese in the background when I called, plus the person I was on the phone with who was switching between Cantonese and English, and the girl who dropped it off was of Chinese descent too.

Soldato
OP
Every FoodHub order I've had from multiple places the order tracker is never updated properly. I just assume the shops don't have time to faff on.

There's about 6 or 7 Chinese takeaways in my town and only 1 or 2 are decent. The decent ones I find usually aren't on the likes of JE or FH.

Soldato
Surely it takes one day to resolve your issues. Then you are just gonna be left with a closed shop. I kinda get your point but once you've cleaned a place and sorted your stock you are just gonna be sat there waiting lol.

I'm really, really iffy when it comes to proper hygiene standards in places I order from.

Had a pretty bad experience a good few years back and as a result I'm stupidly picky as to where I'll order from now. lol

If it only takes one day that's fine, but I think closing down places is a good way to incentivise good behaviour. The state a place must have to be in to get a 1-2 star rating for example, while still being allowed to remain open?

Nasty!

Back
Top Bottom