Tabletop Warhammer?

Soldato
Ohhhh 9th ed eh. Must say I'm surprised, a thought we the Grey Knights extra rules they would just at keep releasing codex updates.

8th ed certainly seems to have been one of the better versions to date.

Anyone got any ideas what will change?

Associate
Whilst I think it's great that they are pushing the game forward, I do believe it's a double edged sword. Now to be clear from the start I am a very casual player so my thoughts on this may be less valid then others who play more often.

I feel like I've literally just purchased all if the codex and rules from the previous edition. They're valid for such a short period of time that I'm starting to begrudge buying them, especially the rules. I wonder if they will change the model (no pun intended) and start giving the rules away for free?What am I saying, this is GW!!!

I like a lot of what the company has changed in the last 5 years, they clearly understand their hardcore customer base a lot more. But I do think they need to slightly slow it down now for the more casual player.

Soldato
Whilst I think it's great that they are pushing the game forward, I do believe it's a double edged sword. Now to be clear from the start I am a very casual player so my thoughts on this may be less valid then others who play more often.

I feel like I've literally just purchased all if the codex and rules from the previous edition. They're valid for such a short period of time that I'm starting to begrudge buying them, especially the rules. I wonder if they will change the model (no pun intended) and start giving the rules away for free?What am I saying, this is GW!!!

I like a lot of what the company has changed in the last 5 years, they clearly understand their hardcore customer base a lot more. But I do think they need to slightly slow it down now for the more casual player.
The current codex's and rules are valid in the new edition and Physic Awakening books are all written with the new edition in mind and so should stay valid for a long time.

Caporegime
From the preview yesterday it seems like the main changes will be sort of...common sense ones.

Stopping one grot from preventing an entire tank from shooting. Now being able to move under a flier. Cover conferring good benefits to enhance tactical play.

Course they could completely balls it all up!

Soldato
I must admit, I am a pure traditionalist like. I could never take to necrons or tau etc. The tau look great, but do they really fit in that universe? I liked the old days when all the best painters did Harlequinns and the orks where all yellow bad moon ones with 20 layers of watered down yellow paint.

Soldato
I must admit, I am a pure traditionalist like. I could never take to necrons or tau etc. The tau look great, but do they really fit in that universe? I liked the old days when all the best painters did Harlequinns and the orks where all yellow bad moon ones with 20 layers of watered down yellow paint.
Tau very much fit into the universe even their story has a dark underside to it.

Back
Top Bottom