Disney +

Associate
I watched Rogue one and original three in a single day two week ago. Sadly I had to rely on Disney+ for Rogue One. D+ quality is genuinely awful compared to the 4k Blu-ray's.

Barely touched D+ since release tbh. Feels a bit subpar.
I've definitely seen better quality during streaming, so could this be due to the reduction in bitrate?

Soldato
The problem with D+ is that I have about 90% of the content that I’d want to watch anyway, did enjoy Black Hole a couple of nights back.

Damn, not watched that in a loooooong while. In fact when I was a child so a looooooooooooong time :eek:

Will be looking for that at weekend :D

Associate
For some reason the App on the tv (Samsung) won’t load and says its temporary unavailable. Anyone experienced this and have a fix? It was working fine last week.

The app is working fine on my Samsung Q90R. No idea what it could be.
Have you tired the old 'delete app and reload' trick?

Soldato
A new channel called Star is on the way but with a bit of a price hike! Disney+ new price going to £7.99pm or £79.99pa from 23rd Feb

If reports are correct, current subscribers are going to be price locked for 6 months, so if you pay monthly, consider changing to annual. Mine is due to renew (annual) on 24th March, so I hope I've read that correctly and I'll only have to pay £59.99 for the renewal.

I feel the new price is off putting, sure I'd be fine with an extra £10, but £20 just feels a bit much.

Soldato
Yes I am also renew date of 24th March. I bet they won't and they'll clobber us for £79. Timed so we'll for the first subscriber's get hit with a bigger payment.

So If I was a new subscriber now I'd only pay £59 for 12 months?

Soldato
So If I was a new subscriber now I'd only pay £59 for 12 months?

Correct, I imagine once the full 12 months have been paid for, they can't change that or charge you extra after 6 months as it'd be a contract. So anyone subscribing now will get the £59.99 so long as they do it before the price increases on the 23rd. We only paid £49.99 in the beginning anyway :D. Even though it's being reported that Disney are not changing subscriptions for existing users for 6 months, I can't find any actual statements from Disney about this being the case, so I don't know where they got that information from.

Man of Honour
I just canceled my subscription, there was just not enough content to keep me entertained.

I hear you, other than Mando and a few of the older Marvel stuff (pre-MCU), I've not watched anything and was considering cancelling, but this year is the year Marvel content starts to come out on the platform so I've held out for now. WandaVision next week

Soldato
Damn i was hoping I could use a Disney+ gift card but you can't use one for existing subs. I pay through my Sky account.

When are you due to renew? Will existing subscribers keep the same price?, I image that also means any customer, including Sky. So as long as you are due to renew within them 6 months, it should still be the £59.99 rate I'd hope.

Also look at this maybe? They might be able to help you extend it? I received a subscription card gift, but I'm already a Disney+ subscriber.

Soldato
I just canceled my subscription, there was just not enough content to keep me entertained.

Personally I just sub to streaming services one at a time. Sub for a month, catch up on stuff, switch to another. Doesn't make sense to keep em all active anyway.

On a D+ month atm so catching up on the Mandalorian..

Caporegime
Think our free 6 month one my partner got through O2 is due to run out. I likely won't renew it until the next star wars series is on there.

Will be able to watch WandaVision before it expires but not massively bothered about watching other Marvel stuff the moment it appears.

Permabanned
Ton of new content coming soon, including age rated stuff(with new parental controls). Hopefully be worth subbing again after the cheapish year finishes in March, at the moment only really my daughter watches all the teen trash/cartoons on it.

Soldato
Anyone know when Dinosaurs will come to Disney+ in the UK? It was available in the US on Jan 29th but no release set for the UK yet.

Looked online but can’t see any information about it.

Man of Honour
Enjoying the behind the scenes things quite a bit. Prop Culture, Imagineering Story, Disney Insider...

Although hating the app on FireTV. Pausing is useless. Video pauses, audio continues for 10 seconds or so. Only way to stop that happening is to turn off dolby digital and have it output only stereo. Fine for the extras and behind the scenes, not for the movies and Mandalorian. Apparently been an issue for a while, not fixed yet. :(

Back
Top Bottom