• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Caporegime
Not true, the 2080 is a better card than the 1080ti. It's mostly those who bought a cheap 2nd hand 1080ti that are desperate for it to be, from my observations.
The 2080Ti is undoubtedly a better card, just not by the large margin that previous new high-end generations were.

Caporegime
Like i said before, they give less and people expect less the next time.. seen quite a few saying similar before.
Yes, the same principle obviously applies to anything not just GPU's.

However Nvidia can't screw around this time, they have stiff competition from both AMD Big Navi and the PS5 so they have to release a product that its hard. Why anyone doubts this is a mystery to me because it's just basic common sense. If Nvidia release a stinker then the financial impact will be huge for them. I just can't see it happening.

Permabanned
My experience of water cooling GPU's (1080ti and 2080ti) is that there's actually nothing in it, its just quieter on water, air coolers on 100% are basically going to give you whatever the chip is capable of, like maybe on a warm day it helps you hold those clocks where an air cooler would start hitting thermals, but out side of 30C+ ambient days, no
no difference lololol you must have been using a h50 or h80. Custom watercooling blows the best air setup clean out of the water. Period.

Permabanned
From that article:

"According to rumors the RTX 3080 will ship with a GA104 GPU, and replace the existing RTX 2080 with 48 SMs (3072 CUDA cores). This is very slightly more than the RTX 2080 at 46 SMs. Coupled with higher performance throughput and improved RTX cores you are looking at a significant performance increase if this turns out to be true - in fact, it is estimated to be just slightly less in performance than the RTX 2080 Ti current generation flagship. The RTX 3080 GPU will be coupled with 8GB/16GB of vRAM and a 256-bit bus width."

That would be disappointing if so. 3080 less performance than a 2080Ti? I thought the expectation was that the 3070 would be slightly less than the 2080Ti.
If the 3080 is less performance than 2080ti I will not be buying.

bru

bru

Soldato
EDIT:

Flounders Edition, according to WCCF.

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-rtx-3080-pictured/
NVIDIA RTX 3080 graphics card to get the GA102-200 treatment with 4352 CUDA cores, 10GB vRAM, and at least 15 TFLOPs of graphics horsepower?

https://wccftech.com/nividias-rtx-3...ght-ship-with-ga-102-200-and-4352-cuda-cores/

:p

And that is why we love WCCFtech, less than 3 hours apart we have two posts that seem to completely contradict each other. :D

Soldato
If the 3000 series gaming cards where only 3 months away wouldn't of Nvidia done more of a gaming focused announcement like they did for the data centre Ampere a few months back?

Or will they just spring this upon the world one day and then tell us all about it?

Soldato
If the 3000 series gaming cards where only 3 months away wouldn't of Nvidia done more of a gaming focused announcement like they did for the data centre Ampere a few months back?

If Nvidia follow the schedule they did in 2018 we'll see an announcement in mid-late August with limited availability, ramping up in September. I ordered my 2080 Ti on 21st August 2018 and got one of the very first batch. Ib vaguely remember the howls of anguish of those who just missed out.

Back
Top Bottom