• Digital Only Version

Votes: 172 16.2%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 661 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Caporegime
I guess people just want a boring bland design?

When they do that there are people who make memes about it looking like 80's VHS, when they come out with this they don't like it.

The truth is that you can't pleased everybody, the key however it is best to make something polarising and be remembered than to make something dull and bland that does nothing at all. I applaud them for trying something different.

Soldato
Don't think anyone actually not gonna buy one cause of the design, heck some people on here have corner sofas and even live in council houses. The games is what's gonna matter, which at the moment is a bit bland and can't see anything next gen. But a bit of patience and I'm sure there will be some amazing titles.

Soldato
You don't like what's being said, so you want to shut down the conversation? People have waited months in anticipation to see what it looks like, and now they have revealed it, people want to discuss.
I'll be buying it, but it doesn't stop me thinking it's the most hideously grotesque behemoth console I've ever seen....... A title held by the XsX until now!

I don't really care what you think about it tbh, it's clogging up the thread with the same **** over and over again.

It's a games console not a set top box and Sony are brave enough to design it as such, yes the gamers are getting older and more reserved but children will still be using this, do you think the younger audience hate it because it wont look right under the tv?

What did you think about the games? Did anything wow you? Were you disappointed? How about the controller? Think you might get the headset?

I'm really looking forward to a full on GT game, waited a generation for it! Looks stunning.

Soldato
I don't really care what you think about it tbh, it's clogging up the thread with the same **** over and over again.

It's a games console not a set top box and Sony are brave enough to design it as such, yes the gamers are getting older and more reserved but children will still be using this, do you think the younger audience hate it because it wont look right under the tv?

What did you think about the games? Did anything wow you? Were you disappointed? How about the controller? Think you might get the headset?

I'm really looking forward to a full on GT game, waited a generation for it! Looks stunning.
I care what he thinks about it...

Man of Honour
wow are you serious, do you know how that makes you sound :rolleyes:

The corner sofa thing is a meme on here. It's about how corner sofas are chavvy (some people seriously believe that, some people just think they're a bit tacky in a room that doesn't fit it, and others just appreciate the joke), and the council house comment is (obviously, to me) a play on the whole thing.

Pet Northerner
Don
**** it,

Guess this is why the ignore button was added to the forum.

I'm another person who's glad sony had the balls to make something that wasn't a black / gray rectangle. However the pad puts me off a little ad it looks like the buttons are recessed / flat? That's weird haha!

I'm also mostly happy woth the games seen so far, if they can run at 60fps on 4K I'll be happy enough!

Soldato
Couldn’t care less what it looks like, it goes on the hifi rack and stays there for 7 years until PS6 comes out. My AVR is considerably larger, heavier and power hungry and surprise surprise that also sits there for 7 years until it’s replaced.

Man of Honour
However the pad puts me off a little ad it looks like the buttons are recessed / flat? That's weird haha!

I had this thought too, however if you look closely (reveal video and other angle photos knocking about) you can see that they aren't. The reason it looks like they are is because there's a thick layer of clear plastic, and the logo is further back, seemingly flush with the body of the controller.

Soldato
I'm also mostly happy woth the games seen so far, if they can run at 60fps on 4K I'll be happy enough!

I hope I am wrong but I dont think we will see as many 60fps titles as people think, but there will probably be fidelity vs performance slider in the options. If the choice is between more graphics and FPS - history tells us the graphics will win every time.

Soldato
I hope I am wrong but I dont think we will see as many 60fps titles as people think, but there will probably be fidelity vs performance slider in the options. If the choice is between more graphics and FPS - history tells us the graphics will win every time.
Agreed, they'll want to show how good games can look, especially against the XSX.

Soldato
I'm another person who's glad sony had the balls to make something that wasn't a black / gray rectangle. However the pad puts me off a little ad it looks like the buttons are recessed / flat? That's weird haha!

Yeah, the pad is very important, I'd of liked to see back buttons as standard, but they may release an add on as they did recently for the DS4.

I'm afraid with ray tracing implemented we will see most at 4k 30fps, but then it is early days!

Soldato
The corner sofa thing is a meme on here. It's about how corner sofas are chavvy (some people seriously believe that, some people just think they're a bit tacky in a room that doesn't fit it, and others just appreciate the joke), and the council house comment is (obviously, to me) a play on the whole thing.

Understood :)

Back
Top Bottom