• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Maybe, I do love the Uncharted series but I think it's in danger of becoming a little stale.

Wouldn't mind seeing a new IP from them.
Uncharted became stale a long time ago for me at least, great stories but repetitive and predictable gameplay.

Not sure about new IP, I would like to see some of the old games that made Sony worth having over the xbox, Motorstorm, Resistance, Killzone, for example.

Soldato
Aye no problem,

Quite an interesting video, looks like most games are native 4k as expected but I think we will be getting mostly 30fps at least to begin with. Not sure how much head room for improvement there is if it's so easy to develop for mind.

Ray tracing is used fairly sparingly also by the sounds, which isn't really a surprise.

AMD's rayvtracing is not as powerful as Nvidia unfortunately so that's why even though a game like ratchet and clank has rayvtracing it's used extremely sparingly where as Nvidia just enables ray tracing on almost every asset in the game

so what you seen in those demos is some games have reflection ray tracing just on the main character's clothes and nothing else

Associate
At 4k there isn't enough power to do it easily. Probably will be titles that undergo more optimization for that, but I don't think it will be the norm. And don't be surprised if they drop below 4k. :)

If they would have targeted 1080p... that's a different story.

Yeah - don't mind a drop in resolution (maybe 1440p?) - just be good if they can give a variety of options to keep everyone happy.

If we take games like GTA5 and RDR2 - the fluidity at higher FPS makes them more enjoyable for me (but do accept everyone is different and 30 FPS is acceptable to a lot of people).

I'd hazard to guess it's likely the PC gamers who would most likely want the higher FPS to make the experience more comparable.

Soldato
Yeah - don't mind a drop in resolution (maybe 1440p?) - just be good if they can give a variety of options to keep everyone happy.

If we take games like GTA5 and RDR2 - the fluidity at higher FPS makes them more enjoyable for me (but do accept everyone is different and 30 FPS is acceptable to a lot of people).

I'd hazard to guess it's likely the PC gamers who would most likely want the higher FPS to make the experience more comparable.

I think as PC gamers reach ever increasing fps it's going to be something certain game types can't ignore.

A fps running at 30fps is noticeable even for the console gamer now, I'm hoping we continue to get the option if the all out power isn't there to give us both high res and high fps.

Speaking of GTA V, I can't believe it's still going! I've not played it online for years but I'm guessing there are a load of people still playing it?

Soldato
I personally think 4k/60fps should have been a minimum standard for next gen. But then you would have to tie all devs into hitting that mark otherwise they would choose fidelity over framerate. I think it would have to be a legal requirement for developers for it to be adhered to and I just dont think Sony would ever do it.

Also likely that, as powerful as next gen consoles are, 4k/60 is too much of a stretch anyway.

Associate
Speaking of GTA V, I can't believe it's still going! I've not played it online for years but I'm guessing there are a load of people still playing it?

Such a great game........but milked for eternity now! I still play it occasionally and have probably completed it about three times. It looks great on the PC with the texture mods applied, and with a trainer running with custom cars etc added it's a blast.

Wonder when the next GTA will land?

Soldato
Yea 2013...I was playing a game in my head as to where I was workign at the time, 7 fing years ago.

Why oh Why didnt they lead with Ratchet, with everything shown I think that impressed me the most.

Caporegime
Yea 2013...I was playing a game in my head as to where I was workign at the time, 7 fing years ago.

Why oh Why didnt they lead with Ratchet, with everything shown I think that impressed me the most.

because someone sat down and looked at the sales numbers and went “GTA5, that’s still popular, still in the charts, still selling. It’s still in people’s lives, it’s a guarantee hit”

it’s not about what’s impressive but about money.

PS I’ve bought it twice too.

Soldato
because someone sat down and looked at the sales numbers and went “GTA5, that’s still popular, still in the charts, still selling. It’s still in people’s lives, it’s a guarantee hit”

it’s not about what’s impressive but about money.

PS I’ve bought it twice too.
It must have been the last game I played on 360, then after a touch of online mucking about I never went back to it.

Back
Top Bottom