What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Mission Impossible Fallout - 8/10

Longest of the bunch and it does feel a little long. The pace is quite good though, aside maybe it could have been 10 minutes shorter if the final scenes were a little less stretched out. Still, some great fights, chases and the usual great plot with twists and trickery.

Caporegime
Don't bother with 3 and 4.

On a side note, if you ever rewatch the first, you'll be shocked how many ghosts are simply in the background you barely notice on the initial watch.

Thanks. Yeah, it seems very often that the first one or two of a series/film is the best, and then it usually goes downhill after that.

Soldato
Documentary.

Dreams from my real father.

Very powerful.

Wow!
No wonder you come out with some of the nonsense you do when you watch debunked conspiracy theory trash like that!

hptXILz.png

Interstellar in 4k - 9/10

I've already watched it about 4 or 5 times as it's an all time favourite, however re-watching all sorts now i've finally got a 4k TV.

I know it's massively marmite but i'm on the love it side, the music is what really sets it apart though, can evoke so much emotion to the point if any of the OST tracks come on my spotify randomly, I find myself strangely choked up.

Hans Zimmer is a modern day musical genius imho
His Inception & Interstellar music are masterpieces, some excellent live versions on youtube that are worth a watch.

Last edited:
Soldato
Wow!
No wonder you come out with some of the nonsense you do when you watch debunked conspiracy theory trash like that!

hptXILz.png

Hans Zimmer is a modern day musical genius imho
His Inception & Interstellar music are masterpieces, some excellent live versions on youtube that are worth a watch.

Not really debunked. One disputed point about the photo.

I have a neutral stance on whole thing but the documentary does document the general path of Obama's life until he becomes president.

He's around communists and radicals a lot. He refuses to release his college records or birth certificate etc.

Soldato
I watched The Duellists at the weekend.

Excellent. I really enjoyed the subtlety of it. I think it might end up in my all time top 20.

9/10

Associate
Artemis Fowl - 0/10 .. awful film ! only reason we watched all the way through is the missus has OCD so once she starts watching something she has to finish!

she also has to watch things in order .. so i put on a Marvel film that was out of sync with the MCU timeline she freaked out :)

Tried to watch this the other night, found it bloody awful.

Soldato
Zombeavers
Yes, Zombie beavers chasing around PYT's in swimsuits. Good to switch the brain off sometimes and laugh along with a stupid comedy horror. The scene with the young lady on a table, legs apart trying to get away from a zombie beaver crawling towards her, between them, was the highlight. Spoiler alert - she stabbed it in the head with a knife :D.

Been enjoying various foreign films recently.

Tonight will probably watch the latest Jurassic Park movie that's popped up on Netflix recently.

Last edited:
Associate
Glengarry Glen Ross (1992)

"Times are tough at Premiere Properties. Shelley "the machine" Levene (Lemmon) and Dave Moss (Harris) are veteran salesmen, but only Ricky Roma (Pacino) is on a hot streak. The new Glengarry sales leads could turn everything around, but the front office is holding them back until these "losers" prove themselves. "

This is such a classic, so many great lines and situations. Great performances from the entire cast, but Jack Lemmon deserves special mention.:cool:

Put that coffee down!! Coffee is for closers only. ☕

Soldato
In the mouth of Madness - 7/10 Carpenter at his 2nd best (The Thing is the best he's done)

Bram Stokers Dracula - 8/10 Great film would be a 10 if not for the miscasting of Keanu & Winona and their woeful English accents

Back
Top Bottom