Star Wars Squadrons

Associate
It would be good if you could have a friend in your squad for the missions.

I’m not very Interested in small 5v5 battles they should have large player battles.

Soldato
Game looks amazing from the gameplay trailer footage and it's awesome the whole thing has VR support as well.

I've noticed quite a few places have pre-orders for the game up for only around £30 which sounds suspiciously cheap for a large budget EA star wars licenced title on Playstation!

From-start-to-end-the-on-catchphrase-fans-all-love.png

"But EA, I've just bought the game and you're already trying to charge me for content that's pay-walled off like Day one DLC, paid expansions and a myriad of microtransactions..."

32b4229145de0a2c1171b9b5757f25dfaa1bbf7b9be0b687be4dd5aec76a34d6.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, i think they claimed the would be no micro-transactions which affect gameplay rather than none at all though?

I'll bet that ewok bobblehead for the cockpit is a cost option along with those fancy paint jobs!

I've pre-ordered the game (like an idiot!) as it looks great and I really want to try it out in VR. Feels like it's worth a punt for £30 as a physical PS4 copy.

Soldato
The price makes even more sense if you follow the logic that this is rainbow six siege in space. It’s about the competitive 5v5 skirmishes and not the campaign.

Caporegime
It’s been confirmed there will also be AI ships in game. 5v5 doesn’t sound a lot but if you’ve ever played a BF conquest game that ends up being a gankfest once one team gets superiority it’s not fun. Imagine even 8v8 with one team having all eight ships up. Any time a ship/player spawns in all eight players immediately attack them and they have no chance. 5v5 will help reduce that I think.

Associate
Is it wrong that I could upgrade my PC just to play this it looks exactly the game we’ve been asking for do 20 years! Trying not to get my hopes up just in case!
I don’t believe the requirements are even that high for this. What specs do you currently have?

Soldato
Locked in to first person view.

Pleasing to listen to the developer talk up the roots of it's simulation nature, stepping back from anything arcade like. First person alone would give some credence to the HOTAS as being the ways to go.

While it pleases me, id imagine many will be turned away by not including 3rd person views.

Soldato
I'm really trying to not get too hyped up for this, but the devs are certainly making the right noises. E.G. they confirmed recently that there will be a hardcore mode with the UI removed, so that you'll have to use the actual instruments in the cockpit.

Back
Top Bottom