It's too hot :(

Associate
Do any of the resident amateur meteorologists know when this utterly tragic summer weather takes a turn for the better? I've been chasing the last few days cool weather with the thermostat to try and prevent the CH from switching on in the early AM. :p

Soldato
chucking it down for afew days now and set to stay ,but the garden needs a proper soaking and i dont have to mess around watering stuff after work ,plus dont want the furlough crew enjoying themselves too much while i am working ;)

Man of Honour
We had some flooding at work, nothing major but the first time it has happened in awhile, Saturday night - had some brief but torrential rain which resulted in a good size puddle forming from the back door (about 1/3rd the size of that video though).

Soldato
We had some flooding at work, nothing major but the first time it has happened in awhile, Saturday night - had some brief but torrential rain which resulted in a good size puddle forming from the back door (about 1/3rd the size of that video though).

This was after about 2 minutes of down poor! i went into damage prevention mode shortly after this video! water ended up about 15-20cm of the floor. I had to rip all the drain covers off as they were blocking about 90% of water flow.

I will get some other videos from others who work there! what you see in that is 30% of the property and all of it was like that.

We just had the roof repaired to prevent leaks too..

Man of Honour
Been some crackin thunderstorms over the last few days. Tonight's was particularly impressive

Overall atmosphere is feeling a bit like it is building to some good storms though looking at the CAPE, etc. not showing much potential until around the 26th or so.

Soldato
We had some thunder and lightning last night -not bad but most I have heard for a few years.
We did get a lot of rain which has done the lawns a world of good and as it eased it gave me a chance to check gutters and soakaways - pleased to see none had backed up so I must have dug them big enough. Gutters were all fine - no overflows or leaking joints.
Feels nice and fresh this morning.

Soldato
Just had a bit of a shower here - In all my years I don't think I have ever seen rain like it - Almost a solid wall and water was running down the garden path like a river.

I have driven down Pershore road in Brum and driven round fountains coming up out of the road but the rain wasn't as thick as this - Thick is the only word I can think of to describe it.
If water doesn't get in anywhere now, then I am sure I am waterproof -shed -summerhouse and house and garage.
Rroff
You are not in north Shropshire are you.?

Soldato
Mine got up to 25c earlier so I stuck the AC on to 23. Comfortable temp for me when popping up to the office for a rest from decorating the downstairs in shorts and a sleeveless top.

Back
Top Bottom