• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Soldato
Wish I could remember all that now I have one again.
I'm at 1000mv and 1900 core with 1100 hbm, no power increase. Its that the settings in the picture?

The settings in the picture are 1801mhz stock but undervolted to 986mv with a power limit increase of 20%, not really sure if it needs that, but without it, everytime I reboot, wattman settings default, hbm is at default too of 1000mhz, bumping it too 1100mhz actually reduced my score in fire strike lol....go figure ?

Soldato
Sounds like PEBCAK to me. Why go for 3 different Radeon 7 cards, if you had so many problems? Pretty masochistic behaviour.

Because the performance when it worked was pretty good but I just had really bad luck in getting faulty cards, It's not like the R7 was showcased for long anyway, Was a small inventory cleaner product.

Caporegime
Been considering snagging one of these but warranty is an issue even with b grade =/ 90 days then its upto you to battle it out with the oem as Sapphire seem to defer everything to the reseller.

Still baffles me looking at the design of the card as to why they choked off the top of the card instead of making the logo smaller and moving it down a bit and taking out some of the aluminium so there could be more venting. Form over function i suppose.

Caporegime
cjFwSko.jpg

Managed to get a loan of one of these and am glad i did, what a ridiculous card. It baffles me how a card with a fan profile like this could even be considered vaguely acceptable, are the engineers at AMD deaf? In gaming it's a little faster than a Vega 64 though not really incredibly noticeable (to be expected i suppose as it's only 25% or so faster). And yes this is with the latest bios. Suppose if you want to mess around with settings (the running theme with Vega) it could be more acceptable but out of the box it's just stupid.

The heat-sink itself is like a smoke and mirrors trick, it LOOKS like it should do well but doesn't, in fact i'm pretty sure the heat-sink on my Vega LE is more substantial, at least it feels it in terms of weight.

It's what, 5 watts more power consumption than a Vega 64 yet the fans are even more annoying than the reference design, that was a whoosh of air, this sounds like a doodlebug on it's way to wreck something. How they managed to slap 3 fans on a card with a drastically bigger heat-sink on a chip on 7nm and end up with something louder than a reference Vega 64 fan is mind boggling.

I really hope "big" navi is a worthwhile improvement in performance AND cooling, we moan about blower fans then they whip out a triple fan setup which is worse. Incredible.

For the time being i'll be sticking with my LE with reference fan as the fan that came with it developed a rattle :(

qr4J10M.png

Soldato
Evening all,

Joined the Radeon 7 gang today. What a card.

Only weird thing I have seen is that the Radeon software is reading power as 700 odd watts up to 812 on load in the overlay. Of course that's impossible and guessing it's a driver anomoly?

Anyone else seen it?

Ta

Soldato
Evening all,

Joined the Radeon 7 gang today. What a card.

Only weird thing I have seen is that the Radeon software is reading power as 700 odd watts up to 812 on load in the overlay. Of course that's impossible and guessing it's a driver anomoly?

Anyone else seen it?

Ta
Did you install the driver fresh? Maybe even do a DDU first for a new card

Soldato
That's better, all sorted :)

DDU must have missed something along the way

Really impressed by this thing so far. Quiet and cool even in my little carbide 240 case. Step up in performance is rather nice over the old Vega too

Thank you @Illuminist :D

Back
Top Bottom