Poll: Austrian Grand Prix 2020, Spielberg - Race 1/?

Rate the 2020 Austrian Grand Prix (1) out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Yeah, Horner is like an old lady, always whining and stirring the pot, or complaining about things that were fine when they were winning. I'd take him more seriously if RBR did their talking on the track.

Let's not forget that he was complaining about F1 being unfair when they won 4 world championships as the Renault engine (that was pretty much designed around their car requirements, blown diffuser for a big example) was down on power in comparison to the others. They were winning in spite of Renault, not partially because of them. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Let's not forget that he was complaining about F1 being unfair when they won 4 world championships as the Renault engine (that was pretty much designed around their car requirements, blown diffuser for a big example) was down on power in comparison to the others. They were winning in spite of Renault, not partially because of them. :rolleyes:

Yeah, he publicly destroyed the relationship with the engine supplier who got them to multiple world championships, then complained when no one else wanted to supply RBR an engine and deal with the same kind of abuse. RBR would have been royally screwed if Honda wasn't trying to get back into F1 and if the McLaren and Honda relationship wasn't going badly wrong.

Man of Honour
Yeah, he publicly destroyed the relationship with the engine supplier who got them to multiple world championships, then complained when no one else wanted to supply RBR an engine and deal with the same kind of abuse. RBR would have been royally screwed if Honda wasn't trying to get back into F1 and if the McLaren and Honda relationship wasn't going badly wrong.

Yeah, that made me laugh.

We're dumping Renault as they're crap, underpowered and unreliable.
Hi Mercedes, can we have an engine? No? Well screw you! We'll go to Ferrari instead!
Hi Ferrari, can we have an engine? What d'ya mean we can't have your current engine and have to have a previous spec? Well screw you! We'll go to... Oh... ****!
Ummm... Renault, can we have an engine? We're really sorry and we won't abuse you anymore...

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

It’s such a subtle movement I’ll be surprising if FOM aren’t creating a graphic to show when it’s being used.

Caporegime

Christian, because you've peed off all our engine partners.. we've come up with this revolutionary new 2hp model..

Sj9yLbW.gif

Caporegime
The Mercedes looks utterly mighty here. We all know not to read too much into practice sessions, but it looks like the Mercedes is a league ahead of everyone else here, and this is historically not one of their stronger tracks. Meanwhile Racing Point, Renault, and McLaren could well be challenging for podiums with the big boys.

Man of Honour
The Mercedes looks utterly mighty here. We all know not to read too much into practice sessions, but it looks like the Mercedes is a league ahead of everyone else here, and this is historically not one of their stronger tracks. Meanwhile Racing Point, Renault, and McLaren could well be challenging for podiums with the big boys.

Yup, if they do well here its ominous for the rest.

Soldato
Yup, if they do well here its ominous for the rest.

With the shortened season, everyone realises that they've got to come out of the blocks with maximum effort and every race now has a disproportionate weight in the championship compared to a full season. If you look back and see which team has been able to do that the best while everyone else has been playing catch-up, you wouldn't bet against Mercedes. Mercedes always seem to be the best prepared at the start of the season.

Man of Honour
Lasts about 10 seconds, half of which running at half power!

It was an interesting idea, was meant to be fitted to London busses a few years back. Don't know if it ever was.

But the big issue I found with it at a talk by one of the designers at the IMechE is that they'd crash tested it to 25g and theorised it was safe to 75g. Perfect... Unless you look at David Purley who survived 179g in 1977, and Kenny Brack who survived 214g in 2003. If it didn't remain contained in it's housing in impacts of at least that, I wouldn't have allowed it. You don't want a 5kg 100'000rpm flywheel coming free. :eek:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Seeing so many comments about Hamilton's black missile and his purple helmet...
:D

When I first saw it, I thought of Spinal Tap...

“How much blacker could it be? The answer? None. None more black”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom