LG c9 OLED

Permabanned
Getting an error on my C9 when trying to access internet enabled apps on the TV (Disney+ etc) that the 'network is unstable'. I get the option to try again which generally doesn't work, or to close the app.

TV is connected via ethernet, going into a powerline connector to my office and an Amplifi router. Connecting via Wifi instead works fine with no issues, albeit not great throughput (hence the use of powerline).

Sky box and PS3 are connected through the same powerline adaptor (3 ethernet ports on it) and working as before. Have swapped the powerline connectors and same issue. Looking at the settings on the TV its reporting its connected. Its listed as a connected device on the Amplifi router as well.

It worked for the first 2 weeks without problem. Can't think of anything that has changed.

Any thoughts?

Tried swapping the patch cable?

Soldato
Can't really source a c9 now so I'm thinking of grabbing a B9, I didn't realise that it had been updated to support g-sync, what are the main pitfalls of the B9 over the C9? Bear in mind I have a budget 8bit Sammy at the moment with light bleed that's driving me nuts.

It doesn't matter which you choose as that sir will be a night and day upgrade it's in the same category as going from HDD to SSD.

But to answer your question, none that can be categorised as a pitfall.

Soldato
I'm loving this C9. Just had a couple of family members over, who aren't overly technical minded, but the TV just speaks for itself with the PQ, even non technical people are stunned.

Looking at getting SkyQ UHD soon to replace the old SkyHD box.

Associate
Ello,

I am planning on getting an OLED TV ready for when the PS5 comes along and I've been lead to believe that the C9 or B9 are both fine choices.

I'm currently using a 55 inch Samsung u6800 and I'm not really sure if it's a big enough upgrade to justify the cash? Could anyone who knows much about my TV shed any light on how much of an upgrade this would be? I'd probably have to go for 55 inch again purely because of the cost.

HDR was added to my TV after launch via a firmware update but it doesn't seem great to me. I often find myself turning it on and off to try and see which looks best, but I can never tell tbh.

The main thing I'll be using the TV for is gaming, I rarely watch any television other than F1 lol.

Cheers!

Soldato
Ello,

I am planning on getting an OLED TV ready for when the PS5 comes along and I've been lead to believe that the C9 or B9 are both fine choices.

I'm currently using a 55 inch Samsung u6800 and I'm not really sure if it's a big enough upgrade to justify the cash? Could anyone who knows much about my TV shed any light on how much of an upgrade this would be? I'd probably have to go for 55 inch again purely because of the cost.

HDR was added to my TV after launch via a firmware update but it doesn't seem great to me. I often find myself turning it on and off to try and see which looks best, but I can never tell tbh.

The main thing I'll be using the TV for is gaming, I rarely watch any television other than F1 lol.

Cheers!

Yeah would be a considerable upgrade from that model. HDR is noticeable change when shifting back and forth on these sorts of sets IMO.

Gaming in particular is where these models shine with VRR / G-Sync / HDMI 2.1, low lag etc. Actually primary reason I picked up the 65" model, for gaming nothing else comes close tbh.

Soldato
I have a noob question, albeit for the B9 I’m sure the answer will be the same.

I have a pair of Edifier bookshelf speakers which I’m guessing will sound better than the built in TV speakers. What’s the cheapest way for me to connect these up?

The speakers are these - https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.overclockers.co.uk/b-grade-edifier-r1600t-studio-plus-2.0-monitors-32w-rms-bg-000-er.html?template=amp

Pretty sure there's a 3.5mm analogue output on the TV.

Permabanned
Strange one with my B9 this weekend, couldn't get a picture from the virgin media box, the channel preview(the small square) showed the program but when picking the input it was just a black screen. Had to reset the the TV to defaults and it came back.

Back
Top Bottom