*** Oppo Find X2 Pro Thread ***

Associate
Battery is great. I normally use battery saver mode when I am driving and using Bluetooth and gmaps and for the first time, I have a phone, where I don't have to worry about charging it during the day! Great battery life.

Soldato
Does anyone play Pokemon Go with this phone?
I am having an issue with Adventure sync - trying to narrow it down if it's a Chinese ROM issue or the way Oppo handles background app.

I have 0km registered since changing over to this phone, despite allowing all permission and turning on all options to exempt from battery optimisation.

Google fit is registering my steps, from both the app and my MiBand is syncing no issue. Just Pokemon Go not syncing whatsoever.

Soldato
I have a replacement coming today as mine got so hot sometimes, and I don't even game. Hoping this fixes it, if not might have to get a different phone!

Soldato
Oh where did you buy it? Where you using it with or without a case?

Direct upgrade from EE. They've been very good to with this exchange. I just use it with the case it came with. Only thing wrong with my phone, love everything else. So much so my missus is upgrading to it also.

Associate
Guys using this phone, how warm does it get for you?. I know the weather is quiet warm here in the UK, but does your phone get warm?.

Soldato
Guys using this phone, how warm does it get for you?. I know the weather is quiet warm here in the UK, but does your phone get warm?.
Unless charging, mine has never gotten warm - at least not warm enough to stop me from holding... And I do a lot of Pokémon Go, whilst running multiple apps or browsing the net, split screen.

Never warm enough in my pocket either.

Got a simple Silicon and fabric cover.

Associate
Unless charging, mine has never gotten warm - at least not warm enough to stop me from holding... And I do a lot of Pokémon Go, whilst running multiple apps or browsing the net, split screen.

Never warm enough in my pocket either.

Got a simple Silicon and fabric cover.
Thanks. Mine does get slightly warm but not warm enough to make it uncomfortable though, very luke warm.

Soldato
My new replacement is from July batch (check the back of the box it came in to see date) and it seems to be running a bit cooler then before. Does get more warm then I've experienced on a phone before, and seen a couple of posts about it on XDA. Will monitor it over the next couple of weeks again.

Also does anyone have this bug where when playing Spotify the lock screen will pulse wake up frequently?

Last edited:
Soldato
I have joined the Oppo X2 Find Pro family :)
It was coming up to the end of my Three/Note 9 contract, and Three have been giving me some troubles locally, so couldn't resist rolling together Quidco, a discount and the current offers 02 are doing on this phone :) B&O H9 headphones seem like a rather tasty free gift also!

Only logged it in just before bed last night and let it download all my apps overnight; currently in the process of setting it up, it feels very fluid, and I've not put high performance mode on. Battery is draining but I suspect that's because A) I'm using it for setup B) It's still got to work out what to sleep and any background optimisations. It'd only drained something like 13% overnight though which was reasonably impressive given it'd installed over 200 apps.

Happy so far, especially if battery life improves. No major heat beyond getting warm noted for me, but I have Ceramic and I did see one place suggesting the Vegan Leather was worse there. Mine is June batch.

Soldato
Waiting on my headphones confirmation still though oppo did say in email up to 28 days to process. Will make the cost to have bought the phone less.

Kevlar case from AliExpress arrived omg so amazing. Thin but tough. Looks so great and buttons are exposed to be pressed and admired.
Haptics are better than the free silicone translucent case and phone is thinner.

Grip is fine too. Highly recommended

Soldato
The O2 Refresh deal is pretty good for this phone, bring it below the price of the 12gb/256 OP 8 Pro, for what is arguably a superior device. Plus the headphones.

I assume you don't need to stay with Refresh any longer than a few days and you still qualify for the headphones?

Soldato
Waiting on my headphones confirmation still though oppo did say in email up to 28 days to process. Will make the cost to have bought the phone less.

Kevlar case from AliExpress arrived omg so amazing. Thin but tough. Looks so great and buttons are exposed to be pressed and admired.
Haptics are better than the free silicone translucent case and phone is thinner.

Grip is fine too. Highly recommended

Mind linking? :)
Btw, do you find the Kevlar case protects the camera bump any better? I'm a little nervous about the stock TPU case and the camera bump. Doesn't seem to have much of a lip.

I'm still only a couple of days so looking forward to seeing that battery life improvement after a week a couple of you have mentioned.

I am guessing it's like PCs where they run background optimisations etc over the first few days and generally do better afterwards!

Last edited:
Soldato
The O2 Refresh deal is pretty good for this phone, bring it below the price of the 12gb/256 OP 8 Pro, for what is arguably a superior device. Plus the headphones.

I assume you don't need to stay with Refresh any longer than a few days and you still qualify for the headphones?

T&Cs basically say you need to stay beyond the 14 day cooling off period. If you've paid upfront for the device however...

As an aside, has anyone tried those included USB-C Headphones. Any good? I was a little disappointed not to just get a USB-C to headphone jack adaptor as I have decent headphones, and some of the reviews talked about an adaptor, NOT headphones.

Last edited:
Associate
Does anyone play Pokemon Go with this phone?
I am having an issue with Adventure sync - trying to narrow it down if it's a Chinese ROM issue or the way Oppo handles background app.

I have 0km registered since changing over to this phone, despite allowing all permission and turning on all options to exempt from battery optimisation.

Google fit is registering my steps, from both the app and my MiBand is syncing no issue. Just Pokemon Go not syncing whatsoever.

I have just been through the app management> app list> Pokémon go> permissions> physical activity and changed from deny to allow.

It didn't populate as an option when I launched it but niantic pointed me to look at internal permissions

Soldato
I have just been through the app management> app list> Pokémon go> permissions> physical activity and changed from deny to allow.

It didn't populate as an option when I launched it but niantic pointed me to look at internal permissions
Thanks, but I had a look and that's not an option for Pokémon Go... Amazon, Google fit and WeChat had the permission options, not Pogo... Weird!

Soldato
Kevlar case is either flush or protects 0.1mm unfortunately. Still worth it IMO can be found on aliexpress and another site I linked to earlier in this thread.

I've got a couple nail dents in the stock plastic protector and at times a real dragging feeling using the screen..so I'm likely gonna pull it off anyone done this already?

Just don't keep with coins and keys glass will be hard enough.

Soldato
Received a confirmation email for the headphones, but a bit of back and forth between myself and EE at the moment as it's saying I'll be getting the H8i's not the H9's. They have two promotions running and it's causing issues so hopefully not affected!

Soldato
From tests about on par with the ultra.

My stock screen protector started lifting in two areas on the left edge since abandoning the supplied silicone case.

Removed it, clarity is a notch better, screen is not as slipper as I had hoped but still a lot better to be typing on glass.

Back
Top Bottom