*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a headset that works wireless with the Switch please?

It's for a 7 year old who is addicted to Fortnite. He plays both docked and handheld so ideally it would need to work with both methods.

He currently uses my PS4 Gold Headset but it sometimes doesn't work for chat for some reason.

I can't really see much available that will do the job I want other than the Steelseries Arctis 1...

Got my son Steel Series Arctis 1 (Cyber Punk Edition) works perfect with Fortnite, bit pricey but can be used on PC/PS4/Xbox and Switch, £100 though but I'd highly recommend one, fully wireless in docked and undocked modes.

Soldato
UK law is up to 6 years in certain circumstances. That’s with the retailer of course. For something like joy cons you are well covered as it’s a design flaw and well documented.

Soldato
Anyone got any recommendations for Bluetooth transmitters, I ordered the Gulikit from Amazon after what looked like good reviews - connected my AirPod pros okay but after a few mins the sound just goes all muffle and cuts out all together.
Not sure if I am doing something wrong or maybe a dude receiver?

Soldato
Hey everyone. Picked a switch up now I could find stock again for my little lad.

Has anyone bought a protective case for it? Mixed reviews on most of them on Amazon regarding fitting in the dock when it's on. I've put glass screen protector on already so the screen scratching will be a non issue.

Cheers

Soldato
Hi all.

Am on the lookout for switch and first game...
What games are a must for start ? I get that there must be many favourites by now...
Bundle I've seen has mario+rabbids... looks fun.

Are there any free games withing Switch system ?

Not sure if I want a used older one that can be hacked..I can see some advantages but not sure I can be bothered with doing it and if I actually I would be using what it allows...

Thanks

Soldato
Hi all.

Am on the lookout for switch and first game...
What games are a must for start ? I get that there must be many favourites by now...
Bundle I've seen has mario+rabbids... looks fun.

Are there any free games withing Switch system ?

Not sure if I want a used older one that can be hacked..I can see some advantages but not sure I can be bothered with doing it and if I actually I would be using what it allows...

Thanks

The problem running SXOS which people don't mention, is that not only does the machine get firmware updates, nintendo also require the games to be updated. If the machine gets banned, the game won't boot unless it's updated. You then need to hunt around the internet for the update and mess about getting it installed.

New games require the machine to have the latest firmware, so it's not as though you can run the machine without an internet connection either. You update the machine, and suddenly all your old games need updates before they boot.

You need to join a few forums, but a lot have been banned so actually finding game updates is quite hard. If you do, you then need to hope the likes of mega/gdrive/dropbox still have the files. Many are on premium filesharing sites, so you have to pay to get them.

For the sake of £35, just buy the game. It's a lot less hassle.

Soldato
The problem running SXOS which people don't mention, is that not only does the machine get firmware updates, nintendo also require the games to be updated. If the machine gets banned, the game won't boot unless it's updated. You then need to hunt around the internet for the update and mess about getting it installed.

New games require the machine to have the latest firmware, so it's not as though you can run the machine without an internet connection either. You update the machine, and suddenly all your old games need updates before they boot.

You need to join a few forums, but a lot have been banned so actually finding game updates is quite hard. If you do, you then need to hope the likes of mega/gdrive/dropbox still have the files. Many are on premium filesharing sites, so you have to pay to get them.

For the sake of £35, just buy the game. It's a lot less hassle.

Thanks for that info.

haven't researched how it would work and knowing me, i would not use it any way.
From what you said, i won't be bothered at all.

Soldato
Well....got a switch :)
Came with Bandicot...

Looking for some games and am exploring indie games in the Nintendo shop...

if you have some one else to play it with mario kart is mad fun, zelda is a must have single player game, also if your into j-rpgs get octopatch traveller, oh pure retro fun zelda links awakening remake and also have a look at new super mario bros wii u deluxe :)

for indies bro force is a laugh with another person to play with, dead cells, wargroove :)

edit: tetris 99 is free if you subscribe to nintendo online as are a load of nes and snes games as well :)

Soldato
if you have some one else to play it with mario kart is mad fun, zelda is a must have single player game, also if your into j-rpgs get octopatch traveller, oh pure retro fun zelda links awakening remake and also have a look at new super mario bros wii u deluxe :)

for indies bro force is a laugh with another person to play with, dead cells, wargroove :)

edit: tetris 99 is free if you subscribe to nintendo online as are a load of nes and snes games as well :)
OMG, Octopath and Zelda remake look great ...my wallet might not take it all at once lol

is Nintendo online worth it ? apart from the access to snes and nes games ?

Soldato
OMG, Octopath and Zelda remake look great ...my wallet might not take it all at once lol

is Nintendo online worth it ? apart from the access to snes and nes games ?

aye they games are awesome and the online thing as has been mentioned also gives you cloud saves on your games, i started using it after my old sd card gave me a scare, plus some nintendo games are just awesome fun online and much cheaper than ps+ etc :)

edit: the pro controller is very good as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom