I think the barrel has officially been scraped

Soldato
I saw a video of Jayztwocents playing it. It's more about running a PC building shop than just building. So he was buying the parts and building the PC and then shipping to a customer or someone would come in with a broken graphics card and say they wanted a certain replacement.

Soldato
https://store.steampowered.com/app/621060/PC_Building_Simulator/

I mean really, a PC building sim?

What next, gym simulator? Call centre sim?

Dont knock it this is very popular, its been out since Jan 2019 its on a Very Positive footing with over 18,000 reviews. Its on Steam Workshop. Its got loads of licensed products from ASUS, Gigabyte etc etc. A lot of people use it to not just to learn but to show what their finished PC would look like in real life. Think about it instead of spending £2000 on your dream PC and end up making some bad purchase choicers build
your dream PC in 3D on this with real representations of the components, free , with no 3D modelling experience and tinker with the lighting/colour/BIOS/Overlclock etc then go buy the real components and build it.

The other modes are running a Computer shop career mode and learning to build a PC.

I think the OP subject title is a little harsh for this. Now something like Goat Simulator or worse all the so called remasters that are suddenly reappearing shows Dev's are running out of ideas for new games and cashing in on updating games with flashy graphics and charging a premium. Discuss the pro's/cons of that as scraping the barrell or not.

Soldato
Dont knock it this is very popular, its been out since Jan 2019 its on a Very Positive footing with over 18,000 reviews. Its on Steam Workshop. Its got loads of licensed products from ASUS, Gigabyte etc etc. A lot of people use it to not just to learn but to show what their finished PC would look like in real life. Think about it instead of spending £2000 on your dream PC and end up making some bad purchase choicers build
your dream PC in 3D on this with real representations of the components, free , with no 3D modelling experience and tinker with the lighting/colour/BIOS/Overlclock etc then go buy the real components and build it.

The other modes are running a Computer shop career mode and learning to build a PC.

I think the OP subject title is a little harsh for this. Now something like Goat Simulator or worse all the so called remasters that are suddenly reappearing shows Dev's are running out of ideas for new games and cashing in on updating games with flashy graphics and charging a premium. Discuss the pro's/cons of that as scraping the barrell or not.

There's nothing wrong with goat simulator, it's basically Tony Hawk's but instead of a pro skater you're a goat :p

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Didn’t someone do “Job simulator”
Just how many people enjoy their job so much that they want to simulate it and not get paid. Awesome.

what might be more challenging is “shopping sim”, where you try to avoid getting the within 2m of the “entitled”, for whom any sensible rules or guidelines are optional

Soldato
Didn’t someone do “Job simulator”
Just how many people enjoy their job so much that they want to simulate it and not get paid. Awesome.

what might be more challenging is “shopping sim”, where you try to avoid getting the within 2m of the “entitled”, for whom any sensible rules or guidelines are optional

Job simulator is VR game which isn't really a "job simulator" :p

SPG

SPG

Soldato
State of the gaming industry in general out of ideas and in general nothing decent has come out for 2 or 3 years.

Associate
I know I might be being a bit overly serious here but it could be said the majority of new MP shooters with the exact same gameplay at their core are scraping the bottom of the barrel and games like theses are catering to people who don't necessarily need to win or high score to enjoy a game.
Train Sim being the exception though, even I can't get my head round that, literally a game on rails. Kappa

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom