• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Associate
Only thing i got from that is Nvidia are potentially worried AMD will have decent cards at good prices, thus the competitive prices..

Will be interesting to see AMDs offerings

Associate
The amount of people "chuffed" that the top card is now £1500. Have I missed something? You've all been played! The top card 4 years ago was £799!! It's horrible price increases!

The 3080 and 3070 are actually a little better than I feared. Not too bad.

they didn't market the 1500 quid card as top tier. 3080 is the flagship performance card. 3090 is a card you buy if want to put it beside your 8k TV and speedboat.

Soldato
So watching again, their comparison to the 10 series is using DLSS, so to say "wow look this card does RT aaaand it does it at 4k 60fps which is way better than the 10 series with no Ray tracing" is somewhat misleading. Show me an apples to apples performance comparison. 1440p to 1440p native render resolution, same settings.

Caporegime
Soooo... all the doomongers were a bit wrong with their outlandish price predictions! :p

The 3080 clearly looks like the card to get if you want the best price/performance overall... I will wait a wee while and see if a 20GB is entering the market. A 3080 will likely be a few times faster than my 1660 Super. With a 4900x Zen 3, games are going to fly with DLSS at 4k. :D

The 3900 will end up £1500 or so... basically 2x the price of the 3080 for nowhere near 2x the performance. :o

Back
Top Bottom