• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
Imagine how I feel. I saved £1800 for GPU upgrades and have no idea what to buy 2 3080s or 1 3090..................is 2 gpus suddenly amazing with new nvlink tech that scales in every game? Or is paying a tiny bit more for 1 slightly bigger card worth it with my budget? Don't question cost with me I have a decent job ty.

No SLI on 3080.

Soldato
Associate
Well the Boardman Gravel bike I'm integrated in is OOS everywhere and no indication of when it'll be back in stock, so **** it, my birthday is in October so I'll treat myself.

I game at 1440p UW 100Hz so the 3080 should run that nicely.

Not like I haven't got a bike already to plod along in. :)
I ride but nothing special, my mate always says the optimal number of bikes is N+1, N being the number you already own. I have to sell my second as haven't used it in 4 years and it could fund something more fun such as a 3070 for my second PC.

Associate
Imagine how I feel. I saved £1800 for GPU upgrades and have no idea what to buy 2 3080s or 1 3090..................is 2 gpus suddenly amazing with new nvlink tech that scales in every game? Or is paying a tiny bit more for 1 slightly bigger card worth it with my budget? Don't question cost with me I have a decent job ty.

1gpu has always been better in gaming recently. SLI is dead imo

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
LOL. I genuinely do need to boost my pot though and you are quite correct about OT being needed to do that but Covid has killed that and figures are down for the year :(
Hey Gregster, you might as well quickly sell that 2080Ti and grab a 3080 bro. Nice upgrade and you will get to enjoy with us the shiny new tech ;)

Permabanned
94a8c09a872b8dd7fbe2d7538ad44ef230243073.jpeg

Caporegime
Imagine how I feel. I saved £1800 for GPU upgrades and have no idea what to buy 2 3080s or 1 3090..................is 2 gpus suddenly amazing with new nvlink tech that scales in every game? Or is paying a tiny bit more for 1 slightly bigger card worth it with my budget? Don't question cost with me I have a decent job ty, rather comically though I love my case, board and nvmes so I try not to upgrade cpu until deadly needed - am desperate for intel to go pcie4 before I do that.
Wait for reviews. Most engines and developers don’t code for SLI/NVLink any more. I honestly feel dual cards are no longer necessary.

Soldato
Hey man look, I have no doubt at all that these cards will trump the 20 series in RT and DLSS. No doubt at all. I never have. But. When you look at them in the cold light of day and ignoring all of the wizardry? like I said a couple of pages back, when something sounds too good to be true.......

Well with "5888 - NVIDIA CUDA Cores " on the 3070 they have really had to cover their asses for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom