• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Associate
The 3070 is intriguing me the most...claiming 2080ti performance for $499. Now we all know $499 is going to be £499 mnost likely since it always works like that. If they did do the 3070 for £380 though that would be amazing. Im however sceptical that the 3070 can definitvely beat the 2080ti across the board. I bet it just matches it or beats it in very certain scenarios. Either way this is great news for me as im looking to buy AMD next, so hopefully they release a 2080ti performing card at or under £400. Its crazy to think how much they have been ripping people off asking for over £1000 for a 2080ti all this time, when clearly they can afford to do it hence why theyre scared AMD will undercut them and why they are saying they can do it for $499 instead.

Associate
Do people think the 3080 will suffer the same AIB treatment as the 2080 Ti i.e. end up with fancy coolers, pre-oc'd etc. such that it comes out much higher than the RRP? The 2080 Ti was often 20% to 50% higher than RRP. If the 3080 ends up closer to the £900 mark, or worse, then it's value will be eroded.

The removal of the Titan name and substitution of 3090 is a smart move. In the minds of the consumer, it is no longer a halo product in a separate category but rather 'part or the range'. I mean, the gap between $699 and $1,499 is huge and provides AIBs with amble room to boost prices. The 3080 Ti won't come for a while remember.

The more I think about it, the more I think the RRP might be wishful thinking. The only counter to this is obviously whatever AMD push out - hopefully we get lots of leaks in the next two weeks.

EDIT: Okay OC have prices up and they seem... good! Maybe this won't be an issue.

Last edited:
Associate
Do you actually mean that? OK, let me point it out very clearly..

1. I am not bitter. The only money I feel I have wasted isn't my own, and the fact it could depreciate faster than a fresh turd is even more hilarious to me. The money belonged to a very nasty woman who made my life hell for two years. Another option was burning it at the end of the garden, but what better way to absolutely waste it than buying a new PC? LOL, you really can't waste money any better.

2. 30 series offers nothing to me. OK? can you understand that in all of your excitement?. Firstly I don't game at 4k. Secondly I dislike how RT is handled and I don't like how it looks.

As for high refresh gaming? I do some of that myself, you know? I have a 240hz Alienware monitor. It's fantastic for Doom and um, Doom and maybe some more Doom? the second Doom is good. For the most part most games I play do not matter. I mostly play Fallout games. If you hack the INI and disable 60hz it breaks the game, and you don't render the pip boy any faster.

I don't game competitively as in FPS and so on. I like relaxing and being alone.

Do you get it? why none of this matters to me? am I sitting here saying you shouldn't buy one? being completely unreasonable? giving you a Chinese burn and calling you names? NO. I am just being myself, thanks. Talking from my own POV and so on.

I reiterate. The whole launch has all been about RT and 4k. Neither of which interest me very much. You could have read my post, gone "yeah fair enough I see where you are coming from" but instead you think I am angry and it's making you mad.

Sheesh.

Another bitter sounding reply and again we know all of this because you haven't stopped with the same old story we really do get it you're not buying and its all about you.

Caporegime
The 3070 is intriguing me the most...claiming 2080ti performance for $499. Now we all know $499 is going to be £499 mnost likely since it always works like that. If they did do the 3070 for £380 though that would be amazing. Im however sceptical that the 3070 can definitvely beat the 2080ti across the board. I bet it just matches it or beats it in very certain scenarios. Either way this is great news for me as im looking to buy AMD next, so hopefully they release a 2080ti performing card at or under £400. Its crazy to think how much they have been ripping people off asking for over £1000 for a 2080ti all this time, when clearly they can afford to do it hence why theyre scared AMD will undercut them and why they are saying they can do it for $499 instead.
The founders edition has already gone up on the website with a £449 price tag

Caporegime
Do people think the 3080 will suffer the same AIB treatment as the 2080 Ti i.e. end up with fancy coolers, pre-oc'd etc. such that it comes out much higher than the RRP? The 2080 Ti was often 20% to 50% higher than RRP. If the 3080 ends up closer to the £900 mark, or worse, then it's value will be eroded.

Happens with every sku of card, Fe will be the baseline for a card with a decent cooler, then you get really crappy coolers being cheaper, and cards with better coolers with 10mhz faster boost costing more.

from my guess that memory cost's a lot more then the old one so there using it sparingly

To be honest $699 is a lot better price than I thought the 3080 would be.
So I reckon Nvidia probably could have done 16Gb for a reasonable price.

But I certainly feel justified in standing firm and not buying a 2080ti for £1000+.
As Nvidia just devalued them massively.
All you need to do now is buy a 3070 at $499 lol.

Last edited:
Associate

The removal of the Titan name and substitution of 3090 is a smart move. In the minds of the consumer, it is no longer a halo product in a separate category but rather 'part or the range'. I mean, the gap between $699 and $1,499 is huge and provides AIBs with amble room to boost prices. The 3080 Ti won't come for a while remember.

The more I think about it, the more I think the RRP might be wishful thinking. The only counter to this is obviously whatever AMD push out - hopefully we get lots of leaks in the next two weeks.

depends on how much supply sammy's 8nm can put out, the problem with 2080ti was there was such a shortage at launch and for months

Associate
The founders edition has already gone up on the website with a £449 price tag

ITs £469 not £449. Well if it actually does 2080ti performance for £469 then thats great news. Should mean 2080ti is £400 or less. Like i say i really hope AMD does 2080ti performance for sub 400. Heck I dont see how they cant do it now otherwise they might aswell hand back the crown to Nvidia, since nobody is going to be paying £350 for a 5700XT soon.

It really just depends on benchmarks now, saying 3070 is faster than 2080ti is one thing, but actually showing it is another. Gonna be really exciting in October I feel.

Soldato
They'll try to claim they have a genuine need for it but, in reality, it's just bragging rights, nothing more.

How does RT in VR sound to you? How about high-refresh rate gaming at 4k? 4k and VR gamers will want the 3090.

The 3080 apparently does 60 fps in Quake 2 where my 2080 Ti does about 30 fps. That's a 100% increase for a step down in model.

Back
Top Bottom