• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
Interesting to say the least and prices have finally come down to a level of affordability for many of us. If performance is to be believed my money will be firmly on 3080.

Soldato
Looking at the computational specs of the Big Navi 21, if true, it would appear to be matching the 3090. Its only in RT that there might be a noticeable gap.

Pricing will be the key.

If AMD launch the Big Navi at £800 to £900 then the 3090 becomes overpriced and Nvidia will launch their £800 to £900 3080ti with 16/20Gb and 95% of the 3090 performance to compete.

It was the same with the pascal Titan. £1250 but then the 1080ti came out and matched it for performance but £300 cheaper.

But I heard this last time. and the time before. and the time before. I just have no faith left. We are ALWAYS told that AMD are going to "blow Nvidia away" and compete at the top end. And they just never do (recently). So forgive me for being a bit unhyped!

Caporegime
prices have finally come down to a level of affordability for many of us. .

Arent they the same price brackets as the turing super series of cards?

Still a shame they have bumped the xx70 and xx80 up $120 and $100 respectively from the 10 series.

1070 was $379
1080 was $599

So we had them trying it on with the 20 series initially, then they tried it on a bit less with the super series and then we have the same again now. Everything is still up $100 since the 10 series.

Back
Top Bottom