• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Associate
Thanks, glad they're going to rectify that or at least they acknowledge it. Maybe they'll still do the same again anyway..;)

To be honest, I think they peed a lot of customers off and didn't do themselves any favours with what happened to pricing. I wonder how much of that was nV vs distributers vs retailers (and let's be honest, OCUK are hardly whiter than white when it comes to these practices). But makes sense for nV to get on top of it and help bring prices under control.

Regardless, price is a function of supply and demand and there are some bits we can expect on the demand front (less mining activity to worry about), the glut of second-hand high performing cards, next generation consoles, the promise of a decent AMD offering, current economic downturn etc. I'm hopeful that we'll actually see prices drop a bit over the next few months, ready for some good Black Friday deals.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

So the Xbox Series X has 12 teraflops of power and the PS5 has 10.23 TFlops...
Can someone just give me a quick breakdown of the TFlops (the same tflop category as the consoles) of the 2080, 2080ti, 3070, 3080 and 3090?

Im hearing the 3090 has 36 TFlops of power, but im not sure if thats the same TFlop category as the consoles as you can get tensacore, shader etc etc.

Soldato
Does anyone rate MSI cards? Because for me this is the best looker and a decent price.

GX36CMS_260258_750x750.jpg

My MSI 1070 Quicksilver has been a stellar card.

Caporegime
To be honest, I think they peed a lot of customers off and didn't do themselves any favours with what happened to pricing. I wonder how much of that was nV vs distributers vs retailers (and let's be honest, OCUK are hardly whiter than white when it comes to these practices). But makes sense for nV to get on top of it and help bring prices under control.

Regardless, price is a function of supply and demand and there are some bits we can expect on the demand front (less mining activity to worry about), the glut of second-hand high performing cards, next generation consoles, the promise of a decent AMD offering, current economic downturn etc. I'm hopeful that we'll actually see prices drop a bit over the next few months, ready for some good Black Friday deals.

Except its not and is happening again. The 3080 FE is £649 and the AIB retail price is meant to be $100 less so £570 upwards. Where are the £570 3080s? And Asus again coming in at £800 for a £570 card. Things like this makes consumers feel like they are being overcharged.

IMO there should be a range of cards from £570 to £700 max for the 3080. But supply and demand.

Associate
I think you mean the 3070. The 3080 will dump on the 2080Ti.
I was being as pessimistic as possible about the performance of the 3080 as possible, which is the driving factor on making a choice on whether or not to upgrade. I hope it is much more better, but as a factor of buying the card it really doesn't matter (in the context vs the 2080Ti), any more performance than that card the better the investment!

Soldato
Except its not and is happening again. The 3080 FE is £649 and the AIB retail price is meant to be $100 less so £570 upwards. Where are the £570 3080s? And Asus again coming in at £800 for a £570 card. Things like this makes consumers feel like they are being overcharged.

IMO there should be a range of cards from £570 to £700 max for the 3080. But supply and demand.

Trade prices are greatly different. ROG 2080ti flagship was £1600 odd in retail and £1100 after VAT . makes system builders a kiilliing ! Havent listed pre order prices though, nor could they be listed on here with out mods beiing on my case

Soldato
lol all the "30X0Ti" talk is hilarious. If you guys can stir up the discussion on the Ti's a bit more, it will help reduce the queue for the FE's :D cheers! ;). For me, the only metric that matters is that the 3080 will have a small margin lead over the 2080Ti in performance for nearly a third of the price. There's no need to hold out for any other card variants if you are more than a generation behind.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-rtx-3080-ti.c3581 - Yummers!

Soldato
Nah, I have zero interest in that card. 15-20% extra performance for way more than double the price? Lol!

Is it? Damn, thought it would be on release. Could well turn out to be a load of rubbish or a feature that does not shine until the 4000 series, kind of like RTX in the 2000 series :p:D

RTX IO/Direct ML will come to the fore sooner rather than later. It's requirement is inverse to what happened with RTX Ray Tracing.

All next gen consoles are using RTX IO equivalencies- therefore all those games are built with that in mind so they will naturally do the same on PC

contrary to popular belief the whole presentation today wasn't targeted at AMD on PC, it was a big FU to the PlayStation 5 AMd Xbox Series X by saying we can do everything you can do and we'll do it faster for the same price

Back
Top Bottom