Google Pixel 5

Soldato
I don't get how £600 is cheap yet everyone thought the pixel 4 was overpriced at £669? At least the 4 had highish end soc and proper face id.

The Pixel 4 was a flawed device...faceid that wasn't widely usable in banking apps at release, experimental motion sensing tech that Google dropped like the usual hot potato, insufficient RAM for a high end device, measly storage, notches, chins, and of course the 2800mah battery.

If rumours are true, the Pixel 5 will be a well-rounded device that corrects many of the flaws of the Pixel 4, so even if the SoC isn't high end, the rest should make up for it.

Soldato
The Pixel 4 was a flawed device...faceid that wasn't widely usable in banking apps at release, experimental motion sensing tech that Google dropped like the usual hot potato, insufficient RAM for a high end device, measly storage, notches, chins, and of course the 2800mah battery.

If rumours are true, the Pixel 5 will be a well-rounded device that corrects many of the flaws of the Pixel 4, so even if the SoC isn't high end, the rest should make up for it.
Wait, isn't the pixel 5 supposed to have the exact same ram and storage?

6gb of ram is completely fine for stock Android and 64gb of storage is fine for most users. I actually wonder what people have on their phones that require massive amounts of storage?

Soldato

8gb ram and 128gb storage I'd heard for the Pixel 5, all unconfirmed of course.

As for whether 6gb ram is enough, my 12gb Note 10+ generally had more than 8gb used and my 8gb OnePlus device reloads games quite often. I'm sure 6gb ram will be no major hardship, but there are benefits from having more and if you're paying for a higher end device, why not have more?

Soldato

6gb of ram is completely fine for stock Android and 64gb of storage is fine for most users. I actually wonder what people have on their phones that require massive amounts of storage?

6GB and 64GB is fine but it should be priced accordingly. £479. And then 549 for the 8GB/128

Soldato
OP
What functionality do you mean?

I was driving into Aberdeen today and couldn't remember if there were restrictions. "Hey Google, is Aberdeen in lockdown" resulted in search results for "Is Aberdeen in locked in". Ok, my Scottish accent etc.. so I tried again more clearly (i.e. shouted at the phone :D) and I got a news article from August 12 read out to me.

I don't find it very useful.

Soldato
I've not come across another camera that freezes motion and has tack sharp focus. And does night mode quite like a Pixel.

Bigger sensors come with their own set of comprises.

This may be true but the gap is smaller. It used to be worth compromising a pixel for a much better camera now imo its not worth the compromise.

Soldato
What's better then as all camera phones launched recently are a bit pita
Nothing's better, but the iphone 11 pro has a camera thats 90% as good as the pixel with much better hardware, faceid that works etc.

I've no idea about other android phones however as I stopped buying them years ago due to flakey software updates.

Associate
Nothing's better, but the iphone 11 pro has a camera thats 90% as good as the pixel with much better hardware, faceid that works etc.

I've no idea about other android phones however as I stopped buying them years ago due to flakey software updates.

You've just compared it to a phone that's a lot more money and said its only 90% as good :confused::confused:

Back
Top Bottom