• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Caporegime
It's normal 8pin connectors. For your PSU though I suppose you could do still do it, each cable has actually 2 8pin outputs. Not sure I'd personally want to try it, daisy chain PSU cables are never a good idea. 850w is more than enough.

wNIuher.jpg
Sorry mate, I think I’ve misled you. I’ve just realised I’ve actually got two 2X8 pins connectors

Soldato
But the 3 one basically shows what is done in the "Wrong" just with an extra 1 in 1.. Confusing much.. My current is 8+6 and I use one cable.
Yes, because that's wrong. If you only need 2 8 or 6 pins then you should use 2 separate cables. If you need 3 8/6pins then you can use 1 daisy-chain cable (i.e. both outs from a single cable) together with another cable.

So in your case right now you should go and dig out another cable and use that instead of a single cable with 2 ends.

Permabanned
Nvidia price is a static price, it will go out of stock and come back in stock but at same price unlike many stores price gouging.

Permabanned
Am sure it was around £999 on release and now it £1149

Not 100% as I skipped the 2000 so any issue with the exchange rate, I bought a Titan Xp (2017) from them, others here have asked and had same reply (in forum not sure if this thread), the Titan Xp (2017) was about £1200 initially and dropped in price when the StarWars cards came along.

Soldato
Limited my card choice down for my 3090
Coming from 1080ti but will be using lg cx so 4k 120hz. My wife has actually told me to buy the 3090 as she knows that I won't like the 3080 when I know perf could be left on the table.

MSI TRIO
Or
FE

Gigabyte don't trust them anymore

Asus can go take a stick with their prices

Zotac - unknown if they learnt from no memory contact to cooler

Palit blocks half their card with their shroud

EVGA not really in uk anymore

Inno 3d - not to sure

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom