• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD RX 6000 Cooler Reveal

Soldato
Soldato
03130127444l.JPG

Way more airflow on rdna 2 cooler. The logo is on angle so not as restrictive a R7.

Soldato
Pretty sure they've just had an AIB design it for them, it would make sense if they wanted the best cooler from the start to do this, and collaborate rather than going it alone.

Soldato
Pretty sure they've just had an AIB design it for them, it would make sense if they wanted the best cooler from the start to do this, and collaborate rather than going it alone.
Looks like a sapphire job. Wouldn't be surprised and think it's a great move. Looks fantastic.

Soldato
Exactly what i thought, its got sapphire written all over it. However, if that was the case, could it hamper the sales of actual sapphire cards?
Maybe. I'm guessing they will stick with higher clocked/extra ports/WC versions to sell AIBs? Maybe that rumoured overdrive/watercooling setting will bring some scope to sell other extra price points as well.

Soldato
If it perform as well as it looks then AMD will have delivered on a promise to improve stock cards.

They had to do this IMO, how many sales has AMD missed out on in the first couple of months just because they ship cards with a blower cooler that's barely adequate and reviewers have said 'wait for the non reference designs before buying'?

Soldato
OP
If it perform as well as it looks then AMD will have delivered on a promise to improve stock cards.

They had to do this IMO, how many sales has AMD missed out on in the first couple of months just because they ship cards with a blower cooler that's barely adequate and reviewers have said 'wait for the non reference designs before buying'?

I've had a few reference models and they were all pretty awful. R9 290s were the worst imo. Definitely nice to see they've adapted but want benchmarks.

Associate
I've had a few reference models and they were all pretty awful. R9 290s were the worst imo. Definitely nice to see they've adapted but want benchmarks.

My 5700xt is really not bad at all. I have to undervolt to 970/1000mv and limit the clock speed to 1900mhz, and i lose around 2% in performance but its absolutely fine honestly. My vega64 reference was ok at 1080p. when i went to 1440p i wanted to stab my ear drums, it was awful, and no amount of tuning worked.

Soldato
OP
My 5700xt is really not bad at all. I have to undervolt to 970/1000mv and limit the clock speed to 1900mhz, and i lose around 2% in performance but its absolutely fine honestly. My vega64 reference was ok at 1080p. when i went to 1440p i wanted to stab my ear drums, it was awful, and no amount of tuning worked.

My brother had to do the same but was happy with it once it settled. He's at 1080p currently so no doubt he'd have the same issue if he went 1440p.

Back
Top Bottom