• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

PDW

PDW

Associate
This one seems like a bargain!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-CONFI...398874?hash=item3fe9612a9a:g:tfsAAOSwMQBfY4OO

What web servers do OcUK and some competitors use? By 14:05 today the site was down and has been up and down for me all afternoon (forums and shop)
Surely Azure or AWS does scaling?
Well they have 2 so need to rush into buying it :p

I blame User '******' :mad:

Code:
Fatal error: Uncaught Zend_Db_Adapter_Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1226] User '******' has exceeded the 'max_user_connections' resource (current value: 480) in /var/www/evo/engine/Library/Enlight/Components/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php:101 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/evo/engine/Library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(316): Enlight_Components_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->_connect() #1 /dev/shm/proxies/Shopware201404291539ProductionProjectContainer.php(144): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->getConnection() #2 /var/www/evo/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/Container.php(312): Shopware201404291539ProductionProjectContainer->getDbService() #3 /var/www/evo/engine/Shopware/Components/DependencyInjection/Container.php(253): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Container->get('db') #4 /var/www/evo/engine/Shopware/Components/DependencyInjection/Container.php(188): Shopware\Components\DependencyInjection\Container->load('db') #5 /dev/shm/proxies/Shopware201404291539ProductionProjectContainer.php(300): Shopware\Compon in /var/www/evo/engine/Library/Enlight/Components/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php on line 101

Soldato

May be due to this
:

I wrote a bot to inflate scalper prices, with no intention to purchase

19 SEP 2020

skateordiedgk 2h

Like you all, I waited up all night for the launch, refreshing the page vigorously trying to get a 3080 for myself. Notify to sold out, instantly. I saw all the bots on ebay selling them for 1200-1400 and was so salty that I wrote a quick bot to target Ebay auctions. The bot makes an account and puts in ridiculous bids that no one will pay. If it is an auction, the scalper ain't profiting now. Those 6-20k bids on ebay is my bot making sure they don't sell their scalped product, because when the auction is over, no payment will be fulfilled. Hopefully for us all, they will be back in stock soon. Good luck everybody

NVIDIA GeForce Community Forums

legend! :D :D :D

Soldato
Just incase, no one else has posted it, but here is a review for the Zotac trinity.....looks like the Founders edition is better in terms of performance, I am guessing that might be the case for the vast majority of AIB cards

https://www.geeknetic.es/Review/1881/Zotac-GAMING-GeForce-RTX-3080-Trinity-Review.html

I'm going to guess that the 2080Ti price rise again

A few days ago would have been a perfect time to buy a 2080ti.

This is like the wild west stock market :D

Soldato
I did :)

Question is when will it arrive?

According to TTL OC3D did a review of the tuf, gaming x and the gigabyte. The TUF is the best by a degree or two out of the gigabyte and the gaming x.

Think it was at about 70c at 26c ambient where FE was 75-80c? and likely faster fan speeds. So seems AIB is the best bet.

All 3 do look nice quality cards though. Massive coolers.

Like the look of the strix but it’s priced so high. Can only imagine how expensive the 3090’s are going to be!!!

Caporegime
I've had a very amusing 10 minutes catching up with all the stories of all of this carnage... websites down, payments not going through, time wasted etc etc. The impulsive PC FOMO fever has seemed particularly epic today. :D

Associate
How can people claim that there was no stock, just because they saw it move from Notify to OOS in one refresh? There was stock, you just happened to not refresh in that 5 second window where it was possible to get one.

Stock levels not keeping up with massive demand? Sure, absolutely. But 'scam'?

Soldato

Pretty shambolic on the whole today. Stores down. Nvidia for me was 2:00 ‘notify’, 2:01 ‘notify’, 2:02 ‘notify’, 2:03 ‘out of stock’. :confused::confused:

Nobody apparently took the bait from @TNA and @LoadsaMoney not to buy.

EDIT - theoretically I have a pre-order with OcUK for an EVGA card (placed around 5pm!). We’ll see what happens.

EDIT 2 - Special thanks to Nvidia for sending me an email at 3:10 telling me the 3080 had launched by which time there was no stock anywhere at all.

Last edited:
Soldato
How can people claim that there was no stock, just because they saw it move from Notify to OOS in one refresh? There was stock, you just happened to not refresh in that 5 second window where it was possible to get one.

I wasnt too bothered about getting one and refreshed about once every 30-60 seconds. Im sure others were refreshing after 3-5 seconds
This thread is now at 1078 pages, there must be at least one person on here who got a founders card from the Nvidia site?

Caporegime
Read a review of the fastest overclocked caard so are, the msi gaming,.

A few db quieter and few degrees cooler than the FE but power limited to 340w (why put 3 x 8 pins on it?) and the extra overclock was only 4% over the FE. That could just be random silicon lottery.

Soldato
Yeah. I feel the same. Up to yesterday I was buzzing and looking froward to the 50% faster 3080 and then the 80% faster 3090 which would have been a nice upgrade from my 2080ti basically giving me same performance as when sli works and basically sli performance in everything.

After reading the reviews I am now deflated and trying to justify why I would spend up to £2K in my head on a watercooled 3090 wheres 2 days ago I would have pre-ordered one just like that.
The 3080 FE wasn't even available to buy or bots got them all in under a second. The button never changed to 'add to cart' from 'notify me'.

Soldato
Caporegime

5 second? I was f5 in less than one second per F5. if stock came in they sold under 1 second.

Back
Top Bottom