• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
For people who want to get an estimate on where they might be in the queue use this: https://dotinglatefrontend.deadmonstor.repl.run/ Made by @DEADMONSTOR.

Just bear in mind that it's based on the assumption that order numbers dictate your position in the queue and uses the 200+ user submissions of which GPU brand they purchased. That may seem like a decent sample size but considering ~10k orders were submitted on the 17th of September alone the reality may differ. Those stats can be viewed here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...6kIBAoD-UzjkShZgbso4UGN8yc/edit#gid=777846711 Made by @shaan200.

If you would like to contribute submit your information here: https://forms.gle/Wb8SJR6oxVAu3YE29

Soldato
thag fact that ocuk, who normally get the most stock of anywhere in Europe, seemed to have had less than 300 cards in stock on launch date tells it all.
less then 300 !!
I wonder if it was less then 30 with seeing only about 3 members on here with one
And even one of them used to work for Ocuk so guessing they had there's put aside for them

Associate
Anyone else received the out of stock email and on the orders page says the order is received but not yet shipped but have still not got the email confirmation email? I'm going to try ringing up overclockers tomorrow but should I be worried or concerned?
I've not received any emails. The order is listed on my account, though

Associate
yeah people started to see the warming signs when the NDA forced retailers to keep quiet about stock levels and all pre orders were banned.

thag fact that ocuk, who normally get the most stock of anywhere in Europe, seemed to have had less than 300 cards in stock on launch date tells it all.
seems like ocuk got the short end of the stick with stock - seen a lot of cards posted online from other retailers

Associate
Msi trio x gaming
Ordered at 14:08
Order number: 58602xx

I've seen a couple of posts here claiming that if you take off the 586, whats left is your place in the queue. Meaning I would be in the 200's? Is this backed up by an admin? Is that im in the 200's for my card specifically? Or for all 3080 orders? Thanks in advance!

Caporegime
seems like ocuk got the short end of the stick with stock - seen a lot of cards posted online from other retailers

not so sure. Most other retailers had 10 or less of each card in stock so much less than ocuk. Perhaps cause they only sold them until they were sold out and then only had 60 orders to ship out is why you are seeing everybody with their cards from other suppliers yesterday :)

Soldato
Msi trio x gaming
Ordered at 14:08
Order number: 58602xx

I've seen a couple of posts here claiming that if you take off the 586, whats left is your place in the queue. Meaning I would be in the 200's? Is this backed up by an admin? Is that im in the 200's for my card specifically? Or for all 3080 orders? Thanks in advance!

Its roughly the queue in overall orders. However, that doesn't mean your particular card will be in stock anytime soon.

Soldato
yeah people started to see the warming signs when the NDA forced retailers to keep quiet about stock levels and all pre orders were banned.

Can we always agree that Gibbo did not post a pyramid picture either? :p

Associate
It's an absolute shambles. This launch has been nothing but a disgrace and **** show. I have just spoken with the company I ordered mine from (ordered placed at 14:07 for a Gigabyte card @ £649.99), I asked them for an estimate or indication of when I would likely receive the card... Bearing in mind I spoke to them Thursday and Friday and I was lead to believe I would receive it next day, if not Saturday. They then changed the story, saying they were receiving more stock on Monday 21st and I would likely receive the card next week. They have now said, it is looking at November for the Gigabyte 3080's. How on earth they can't get a definitive date from Nvidia and other suppliers/manufacturers is beyond me?! I find it absolutely criminal that they have £1000's of our cash, yet can't provide us with any formal and comprehensive update... Shocking (this applies to all retailers - not just the one I've ordered from).

Soldato
I'm either 406 or 4060 in the queue from where I ordered it from

I'm also not sure why people think all orders started on 5860000 that day.

Aha, so its kind of like their order number daily? Meaning 586 is the day, and if someone ordered an item at 00:01 they should have been 5860001? If so that would make sense

I'm not sure that bit is true. I have an order from the 9th which starts with 585.

Soldato
If retailers had such low stock knowing the demand and if they had any respect for their customers they should have just held off listing them for sale.

Associate
Hang on, business doing business things and its their fault?

Take some responsibility as a consumer and spend a few minutes researching what your getting into..

No, no, that would be too sensible, better to direct your anger and ire at the retailer than the actual real problem here and that is Nvidias paper launch.

I find it sad no one is saying enough is enough from Nvidia, and just bending over again to accept this rubbish from Nvidia

@KentMan

First of all, at least try and be civil here, rather than being argumentative and assuming.

Also somewhat confused about why anyone would defend OCUK in this situation. I run an unrelated online company, if I were to do the following, I would expect the same backlash and criticism OCUK are receiving;

1 - inflating prices at checkout
2 - stating delivery windows that are impossible to meet
3 - poor communication to those who are looking to buy right now
4 - taking payment and holding funds potentially for months

It is important to note that 1 and 4 are not only very poor practice and without taking a deeper look, I'd imagine bordering on breaking the consumer rights act 2015.

Associate
I'm also not sure why people think all orders started on 5860000 that day.

I'm not sure that bit is true. I have an order from the 9th which starts with 585.

Maybe its just sequential then? Cause I ordered a new mobo and psu (for the 3080 at 2am on the 17th and that Order number was 58598xx so would make sense thst with enough orders it trickled into 586.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom