Mafia Trilogy Remaster

Soldato
Ah shoot thanks, got it for £30.99 on cdkeys, forgot about Voidu.

Edit: Ordered it on Voidu and got my key instantly. If/when I get my key from CDKeys I will be selling it on Members Market.

Last edited:

HRL

HRL

Soldato
£47 for the trilogy on CDKeys.

Worth a punt from someone who’s not played them before?

Think I’d like them but £50 is a gamble TBH.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Cheers. Got to amuse myself after failing to pick up a 3090 yesterday. :D

I’ve heard the third game isn’t great but the first two are. Might as well pick up all 3 for the price of 2 separately though.

Associate

I’ve heard the third game isn’t great but the first two are. Might as well pick up all 3 for the price of 2 separately though.

This is a good thing:

First two games are great, third was meh.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Oh I know. Aren’t a lot of upgrade options from a 2080Ti though. :D

Purchased, will download the first one this evening.

Soldato

2nd Game is one of my all time favourites, 3rd is garbage.

Soldato
I actually enjoyed 3 quite a bit, the stealth combat was very well done. Awesome soundtrack too.
Totally agree. Third game as horrid performing as that engine was, was actually a decent game if you could handle the repitition by playing in small doses. The missions were well done, and the music and atmosphere were superb. As for Mafia 2 - great game, absolutely crap world where there is sod all to do aside from the missions. What was the point in doing all that and not being able to interact with it?

Also you get to kill Trump in 3...

ne0

ne0

Associate
This is a no-buy because of below. HDR is a BIG deal so they better patch this in. PC gamers getting screwed again.

2. Mafia Definitive Edition doesn’t support HDR on PC
Many players were reported that they were disappointed to see that Mafia: Definitive Edition lacked a High-Dynamic Range option despite it being a feature heavily marketed in the promotional material.

Soldato
Yes I think that sort of detail has been lost. I think for people who Like Games and haven't played the first one recently then it'll be a good game. But Mafia 1 nerds it's dumbed down.

But again, I've only played the first mission!!

Spent the last 3hrs on it doing a fair few mission and have to agree with the dumbing down part. It feels like it's remastered first for consoles and an afterthought for PC. It even had autoaim set to "heavy" in the options by default!!!

Don't get me wrong, it's very playable but it's also very wooden in places. For instance I was walking a girl home and my character's eyes dissapeared every time he spoke to her, was really odd looking at two white holes and when he stopped speaking the eyes popped back in :D but the music's good, sounds are good and voice acting is great but I can see that it's not really that big an improvment over the original except for the graphics.

If you are happy to play on a gamepad then that may be best but for the pc mouse&keyboard crowd it's a clear downgrade for us. A shame but I'll power through it regardless as it's still the old classic game underneath all this but it could and should have been so much more.

Soldato
I love how slow and clunky the vehicles are, can hear them grind and struggle to change gear. Only completed 2 missions so far, been messing around and exploring in free ride.

Back
Top Bottom