• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Hello,

My buddy has purchased one but not given a delivery date yet. He is considering cancelling the order for some reason.

But I have asked if I could take over his order instead. Is there a way I can skip the queue for preorders and take his position instead? I will need to change the address also.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

So the original thread was deleted? Like 500+ of complaints, discussion, questions, answers and such. Smh
Not deleted, just hidden from view.

The only official questions and answers are listed in Gibbos first post. When the shop are ready I'm sure there will be an update with more information.

I thought about adding some of them to the OP but a) I don't want to go off screenshots and b) Gibbo's thread is the most up to date place for those at this time.

dlh

dlh

Associate
OcUK are well aware of the demand for information and appreciate that emotions run high. We the moderators do not work for OcUK and can only advise that the shop will update the thread linked above with more information soon.

Perhaps the helpful souls at OcUK should do something rather than leaving you poor unpaid moderators to fend off the angry mob. Information would go a long way to easing the tensions, not constant lies broken promises about official queue numbers or just outright ignoring the situation. I've shopped with OcUK for many many years, for very good reason, but I have never seen anything as badly managed as this.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Hello,

My buddy has purchased one but not given a delivery date yet. He is considering cancelling the order for some reason.

But I have asked if I could take over his order instead. Is there a way I can skip the queue for preorders and take his position instead? I will need to change the address also.
I'd advise just giving your friend the money and getting them to take delivery. Will save screwing around with the order and any sort of shenanigans with the queue.

Alternatively, you could ask him to post in the customer service section and ask for you etc.

Associate
Perhaps the helpful souls at OcUK should do something rather than leaving you poor unpaid moderators to fend off the angry mob. Information would go a long way to easing the tensions, not constant lies broken promises about official queue numbers or just outright ignoring the situation. I've shopped with OcUK for many many years, for very good reason, but I have never seen anything as badly managed as this.

I agree but my guess is OcUK dont know any more than we know..Now If thats true it would be nice for them to say that..This Queue jumping/card swapping was bang out of order on OcUK,s part tho

Associate
I agree but my guess is OcUK dont know any more than we know..Now If thats true it would be nice for them to say that..This Queue jumping/card swapping was bang out of order on OcUK,s part tho

Can you please explain what about this quote (apart from the obvious typo) from the official update thread you don't understand. "Nother updated on anything else, but as I hear you shall also."

Not being funny just genuinely curious what isn't computing for you here when you act like they haven't updated anything but it's right there.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I'd ask for people to give it another few days and see what happens. Unofficially I've seen screenshots of the users being notified of their place in the queue so it's only a matter of time before it becomes official :)

Associate
Can you please explain what about this quote (apart from the obvious typo) from the official update thread you don't understand. "Nother updated on anything else, but as I hear you shall also."

Not being funny just genuinely curious what isn't computing for you here when you act like they haven't updated anything but it's right there.

But that thread IS NOT being updated. They shipped Palit and Ventus out yesterday and there's nothing in that thread about them.
Reality is OCUK totally oversold these cards and the poor frontline staff are dealing with the fallout.

Man of Honour
Lots of frustration on the last thread, and it got deleted, now let's see where the frustration goes, because it will go somewhere for sure, not a smart move.
How many times can it be said, it's nothing to do with the thread in general, it's to do with people breaking the forum rules, full stop, regardless of the situation breaking the rules time and again especially after multiple warnings is not acceptable, one has nothing to do with the other!

Associate

Look I dont really understand what your trying to say..But going by the last thread people in this pointless queue who were 87th in it got there card and others who were 20th odd.. Same make/model didint

Associate
Wait until tomorrow, you never know you might be surprised. You'd have better luck posting in the customer service forum than ringing up.
It's always tomorrow! So are the shop banned from speaking in the official thread to make the date of tomorrow official?
Not being funny, but you must see what I'm getting at here.

Associate
Maybe we need a daily press conference where someone stands up and says the same thing every day, much like the COVID-19 press conferences during lockdown.

Back
Top Bottom