• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
fdhxfg1
Oc twitter apologising about their customer service rep spreading misinformation on EVGA prioritising the US. Nothing about them personally shipping any in though.

Associate
Yes mate. Not in spam. Looks like I am not in the queue at all. After enduring the worst customer service I have ever witnessed on top of that, this is not being looked into. No choice other than to cancel the order by the looks.
Others don't seem to have the email yet. Thousands of emails have been sent. There could be many more to be sent.

If you've got an order confirmation, use that against posted queue positions which could show you in good position and would be a shame to discard it.

TrM

TrM

Associate
Anyone have any clues how long it would take OcUK to product 1559 TUFs?

how long is a bit of sting:) sorry for the answer but no real answer altho ASU’s does have a large production lines for graphic cards etc so I wouldn’t expect them that long to since the 3070 is delayed I expect they will add more and more 3080s to line but I expect November for most of the cars for overclockers

Associate
did people get lower on the official queue then they did on the unofficial queue? as i am higher:(
eagle @ 15:28
unofficial:404 official:518

I think the unofficial calculations on the Eagle cards were way off.

I ordered the Palit Gaming Pro 3080 and I am queue position 7. I should get it fairly soon then?

I'd say within the next week. They seem to be getting a steady stream of Palit cards in.

I anticipate that there’s more info to come. Roll on Monday :cool:

For everyones sanity on here, I hope you're right :)

Associate
Gigabye Gaming OC
Ordered on 17th at 18:36 and queue position 118.
Doesn't look too bad, don't know how many they receive weekly tho, but I hope in a few weeks will get mine.

Associate
Anyone have any clues how long it would take OcUK to product 1559 TUFs?

Would also love to know. 1130 in the queue. See it sometime next year? Don't know ow how long I can just write off 700 quid for no return, and no PC as I sold my 1070.

Ordered on the 19th at 11am. So can all the people a few hundred deep im the queue please stop moaning now? :D

Associate
So im 93rd for a Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 3080. Have those even shipped any yet?

And god knows what with "a well known competitor" for an Asus Rog Strix OC.

Oh and Kudos for the emails. Very helpful. I just put up and shut up in the mean time as this issue was clearly nothing to do with OCers.

Last edited:
Associate
To be fair it was always going to be almost instantly out of date. It doesn't take account of cancellations and shipped orders.

Happy to be 146 in the Aorus Master queue, only ordered on the 25th. Probably won't get it soon but hoping for before Cyberpunk.

What are the people who ordered the ASUS TUF and have a high queue position doing?

I'm at 1004. I'm going to be a little ***** and let OCUK keep my money while I try nab something else at a competitor or the FE. The only annoying thing is I really don't want to over pay for what is an RRP card, so we'll see. Not sure I want to pay 700+ for an ASUS TUF from elsewhere.

Associate
"MSRP is $829 for the standard model and $849 for the OC model ( ROG STRIX ) cards are the same except for programmed clock speeds. Keep in mind that our cards operate over-programmed clock speeds due to PCB design/power limits as well as low operating temperatures.
All intital allocation/avaibility will be on the OC model."

Posted by Juan Jose Guerrero III, the Technical Product Marketing Manager at ASUS Computer International in the Asus Facebook Group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ASUSPCDIY/permalink/3370378269711903/

Appreciate that pal. Thats first I've seen of it. And essentially gas given me a rough idea of what to expect

Soldato
I'm at 1004. I'm going to be a little ***** and let OCUK keep my money while I try nab something else at a competitor or the FE. The only annoying thing is I really don't want to over pay for what is an RRP card, so we'll see. Not sure I want to pay 700+ for an ASUS TUF from elsewhere.

Fingers crossed you might get an FE in the meantime. Plus as someone said above ASUS probably have a large manufacturing capacity so might not take as long as it first seems.

Associate
All these cards perform about the same, doesn't matter what version you get. We will have to wait for a few months down the line to get any sort of better silicon. by all the reviews it is clear that Samsung 8nm is really not the best and Nvidia had to push the crap out of them. So even with the current best silicon you won't be able to really see much difference. Atm everything is to due to how the card looks, cooling and sound.

The OC variants will come from the better binned stock

Back
Top Bottom