• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
People getting updated queue positions it'd be wonderful if you could make a new submission to the queue spreadsheet via the form, making sure to include the new "Queue Updated Date" as today so that I can work out how to display that data reasonably (I currently have zero clue how I'll do that).

Soldato
Gigabyte Vision OC.

img-20201008-131251-large.jpg

Associate
Thank god, I knew it was around that time but I'm just concerned. Might be moving out by the 14th november and my 3080 was part of a larger order of more RAM, a 3800XT and some better thermal paste and just do a full upgrade, and then use spares to make the mrs a new PC for christmas haha

Thanks @Pasbags !
I'm hopeful that next week some should start shipping i'd imagine the rumoured PCB change coupled with Golden week delayed shipments, I just hope they get them in decent quantities or at least on a regular basis

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Associate
I'm hopeful that next week some should start shipping i'd imagine the rumoured PCB change coupled with Golden week delayed shipments, I just hope they get them in decent quantities or at least on a regular basis
As long as they send more than 25 to OC I'll be happy, Queue number 22 here! :D

Associate
Have we got a collection of theories on what errors cause people's queue positions not to decrease as much as the now first in the queue? (TUF OC 9 to 1, and that matches our shipped guesses)?

My guesses:
  • People like me who had incorrect queue positions last time being moved to the correct position, shuffling the queue slightly (though we're under the impression that shouldn't be many people).
  • People who didn't get emailed last time were somehow missed in the calculations and they've fixed that

Associate
I originally ordered an MSI Gaming X Trio on an un-named site, at around 2:07 launch day. Later found out that it was a pre-order and the site had it listed as "expected December 31" so I sat in the live chat queue and asked them about it, they refused to give any information - I cancelled the order on the spot in hopes of pre-ordering one of the models due in October - took almost two weeks to receive my refund and place the new order 29/09 on Overclockers instead.

I feel like I shot myself in the foot by cancelling as it's possible that I would have received my card by now, but they wouldn't comment on the lead times or the expected date listed on their site.

I'm queue position 744 here and I will not be cancelling my pre-order this time...I also find it insane that the 2080ti / supers are still being sold at full price.

Associate
Gigabyte Vision OC.

img-20201008-131251-large.jpg
Looks so good, enjoy!
Can I ask, how long is it from where it meets the I/O plate at the back of the case, to the front? I've read 32cm but not sure where that measures from. Currently worries I'll need to move a fan out of the way to fit it. I think I have maybe 32.5cm of space with a fan

Associate
Alright, just got my first update email, order placed yesterday for Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF Gaming OC - position 970 ;)

haha, oh well, will see how it goes but for now I guess it's better than nothing..

Back
Top Bottom