• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I've decided that in addition to my spreadsheet of queue data (submit your data here!) I'm going to start trying to provide the bi-weekly or so summary of the shipments being made and other info that I feel OC should be doing. Hopefully this will inspire them to actually do it themselves. Collaboration and suggestions for improvments in future updates are appreciated.

Unofficial Overclockers 30 Series Update

This is an unofficial bi-weekly summary of overclockers.co.uk's 30 Series card shipments and other info gathered by the overclockers forum members with the aim to both help people get updates on how shipments and stock levels are going without having to search around, and encorage overclockers to provide more detailed updates themselves by providing a format to follow and an example of what we'd like. Since all this info is detective work, and second or third hand, please remember that it is just guesswork and shouldn't be taken as gospel.

Shipments this week

In the week since the queue emails went out, which provide us with a much better data source for shipments, overclockers have shipped out a limited number of cards from 4 manufaturers.

ASUS: A very small shipment of TUF OC cards originally expected Tuesday was delayed till Wednesday. The shipment had around 14 3090 TUF OCs and 8 3080 TUF OCs, which were immediately shipped out to the customers at the start of the queue. A queue update was sent to those still waiting on Thursday. Likely due to errors in the original queue calculation that have now been fixed some of those early in the queue only moved 7 or 6 places. Hopefully the queue calculations are now all correct.

Gigabyte: A small shipment of Gigabyte 3080 cards arrived on Wednesday. 11 Aorus MASTER and 13 Vision OC cards were despatched to customers, and an update to those queue was sent out on Thursday. Overclocker's supply lead Gibbo also reported that some Gaming OC cards were included in this batch, but no queue update has been sent to that queue, and if any were shipped it was less than 5. Whether any Gaming OC actually shipped is a matter of debate among the forum members.

MSI: A reasonable shipment of MSI Ventus cards was expected and arrived on Wednesday. Between 50 and 53 3080 Ventus cards, and possibly up to 20 3090 Ventus cards, shipped out to customers. A queue update for the 3080s saw people near the front of the queue moving 50 places, but after the queue update was sent the 53rd in the original queue reported a new shipment email, so it is possible more shipped after the queue update. Only one forum customer for the 3090, who was first in the list, reported shipment of a 3090, but another forum member ordered one over the phone after shipment was reported, and was told they were now 1st in the list, and 20 had gone out earlier that day. So far MSI seem to have the most reliable shipments coming in to overclockers (shipped on 18th, 21st, 24th, 29th and 7th. 29th was 30 3080 Trios and 7th was 50 3080 + 20 3090 Ventus). Their 3080 queues are however some of the longest.

Zotac: A small shipment of Zotac Trinity OCs arrived on Thursday. 36 3080 Trinity OC and 4 3090 Trinity shipped out. These were neither reported before or after in the official thread, and an email update hasn't gone out to the queue, which suggests that, unlike ASUS and MSI, Zotac might not be letting overclockers know that they are enroute (and whoever presses the queue update button never got the memo?).

Watchdogs Legion and GeForce Now Promotion codes.

There have been a number of people who have recieved orders but not recieved a promotional code. Within a day of the 3080 launch Gibbo had reported that they only recieved 1000 codes, and so had removed them from the listing while seeking more from Nvidia. Based on the shipments we've seen so far it seems unlikely that overclockers have shipped more than 1000 cards at this point. It seems likely that those who haven't recieved codes so far are 3090 orders and 3080 cards like the Gigabyte Vision OC that didn't go on sale till after the promise of codes were removed from the listings.

One customer has been told by customer service that they are still trying to source more codes from Nvidia, and that if and when they recieve them they will provide them to all 30 series customers.

This doesn't solve the problems that they certainly sold more than 1000 cards before the site worked enough that they could remove the listing, or that the codes are only redeemable till the 30th of November, and many might be waiting longer than that.

Summary

Shipments appear to be increasing in size for at least some of the AIBs (MSI and Zotac), but others are still lacking, and the split of OC vs non-OC is disappointing. Gibbo has reported that board partners have told him "production volumes are expecting to ramp up towards end of the end of this month meaning deliveries arriving later this month should be a little better volume wise towards end of October with November increasing again", so hopefully we start seeing that in the next week or two.

Overclockers could still improve their communication game, rather than leaving us to try to piece together info from shipping reports and second or third hand info others have got from customer service.

If you'd like to contribute to future updates I'm going to start collating info in this google doc, feel free to add comments with useful info, including the source. Next update is planned for midweek, ideally Wednesday, but it'll be held till Thursday if no cards have shipped yet. Hopefully we can eventually get overclockers to start doing something like this to try to manage expectations and keep us up to date.

I've also posted this in it's own thread here.

Nice work

Associate
Indeed. I had a 500GB NVME and a 1TB SSD, with a 2TB HDD. I recently replaced the HD with a 2TB SSD. You don't realise how noisy hard drives are until you move solely to solid storage.
the 5TB seagate 2.5" drives are a great choice for your slow storage. I have 1tb nvme, 2tb ssd and 5tb hdd. cant hear any drive noise :)

Associate
Not really bud, i got a 3090 from a competitor, making conversation so I can get my post count up to get access to the trade forum as, the card is to big and I want to trade for another model or trade down to a 3080
No worries,
Hey if my Eagle every turns up i will do you a straight swap lol

Associate
@Gibbo Hey look an unpaid forum member is doing your job for you/better than you. Take pointers .

Lets be honest here, that is EXACTLY the point I'm trying to make. This took half an hour of my time to collect info already in the spreadsheet and that I remember being posted here. I strongly suspect that if they got one of the customer service people to spend 30 minutes to an hour twice a week collecting info from their team and posting it the reduction in calls and webnotes they have to deal with alonr would more than make up for the time spent actually updating us, and you know, they'd actually be updating us.

I'm not really bothered about the wait, I was expecting it to be bad when everywhere selling the cards couldn't cope with the load, but the nearly zero actual info is irritating.

Associate
I've decided that in addition to my spreadsheet of queue data (submit your data here!) I'm going to start trying to provide the bi-weekly or so summary of the shipments being made and other info that I feel OC should be doing. Hopefully this will inspire them to actually do it themselves. Collaboration and suggestions for improvments in future updates are appreciated.

This is an unofficial bi-weekly summary of overclockers.co.uk's 30 Series card shipments and other info gathered by the overclockers forum members with the aim to both help people get updates on how shipments and stock levels are going without having to search around, and encorage overclockers to provide more detailed updates themselves by providing a format to follow and an example of what we'd like. Since all this info is detective work, and second or third hand, please remember that it is just guesswork and shouldn't be taken as gospel.

Shipments this week

In the week since the queue emails went out, which provide us with a much better data source for shipments, overclockers have shipped out a limited number of cards from 4 manufaturers.

ASUS: A very small shipment of TUF OC cards originally expected Tuesday was delayed till Wednesday. The shipment had around 14 3090 TUF OCs and 8 3080 TUF OCs, which were immediately shipped out to the customers at the start of the queue. A queue update was sent to those still waiting on Thursday. Likely due to errors in the original queue calculation that have now been fixed some of those early in the queue only moved 7 or 6 places. Hopefully the queue calculations are now all correct.

Gigabyte: A small shipment of Gigabyte 3080 cards arrived on Wednesday. 11 Aorus MASTER and 13 Vision OC cards were despatched to customers, and an update to those queue was sent out on Thursday. Overclocker's supply lead Gibbo also reported that some Gaming OC cards were included in this batch, but no queue update has been sent to that queue, and if any were shipped it was less than 5. Whether any Gaming OC actually shipped is a matter of debate among the forum members.

MSI: A reasonable shipment of MSI Ventus cards was expected and arrived on Wednesday. Between 50 and 53 3080 Ventus cards, and possibly up to 20 3090 Ventus cards, shipped out to customers. A queue update for the 3080s saw people near the front of the queue moving 50 places, but after the queue update was sent the 53rd in the original queue reported a new shipment email, so it is possible more shipped after the queue update. Only one forum customer for the 3090, who was first in the list, reported shipment of a 3090, but another forum member ordered one over the phone after shipment was reported, and was told they were now 1st in the list, and 20 had gone out earlier that day. So far MSI seem to have the most reliable shipments coming in to overclockers (shipped on 18th, 21st, 24th, 29th and 7th. 29th was 30 3080 Trios and 7th was 50 3080 + 20 3090 Ventus). Their 3080 queues are however some of the longest.

Zotac: A small shipment of Zotac Trinity OCs arrived on Thursday. 36 3080 Trinity OC and 4 3090 Trinity shipped out. These were neither reported before or after in the official thread, and an email update hasn't gone out to the queue, which suggests that, unlike ASUS and MSI, Zotac might not be letting overclockers know that they are enroute (and whoever presses the queue update button never got the memo?).

There have been a number of people who have recieved orders but not recieved a promotional code. Within a day of the 3080 launch Gibbo had reported that they only recieved 1000 codes, and so had removed them from the listing while seeking more from Nvidia. Based on the shipments we've seen so far it seems unlikely that overclockers have shipped more than 1000 cards at this point. It seems likely that those who haven't recieved codes so far are 3090 orders and 3080 cards like the Gigabyte Vision OC that didn't go on sale till after the promise of codes were removed from the listings.

One customer has been told by customer service that they are still trying to source more codes from Nvidia, and that if and when they recieve them they will provide them to all 30 series customers.

This doesn't solve the problems that they certainly sold more than 1000 cards before the site worked enough that they could remove the listing, or that the codes are only redeemable till the 30th of November, and many might be waiting longer than that.

Summary

Shipments appear to be increasing in size for at least some of the AIBs (MSI and Zotac), but others are still lacking, and the split of OC vs non-OC is disappointing. Gibbo has reported that board partners have told him "production volumes are expecting to ramp up towards end of the end of this month meaning deliveries arriving later this month should be a little better volume wise towards end of October with November increasing again", so hopefully we start seeing that in the next week or two.

Overclockers could still improve their communication game, rather than leaving us to try to piece together info from shipping reports and second or third hand info others have got from customer service.

If you'd like to contribute to future updates I'm going to start collating info in this google doc, feel free to add comments with useful info, including the source. Next update is planned for midweek, ideally Wednesday, but it'll be held till Thursday if no cards have shipped yet. Hopefully we can eventually get overclockers to start doing something like this to try to manage expectations and keep us up to date.

Great work
Section on the pny 3080 would be good too.
I'm position 4, the guy at position 1 and position 3 have not had cards, and today we learned that two people have emails saying they are on position 3
It was stated that a very small amount on pny 3090s shipped at launch, but other then that not a single pny card has shipped, certainly no 3080 series

Associate
The above write-up is great, and even if it is all hyperbole and may or may not be true, if that sort of thing came from the management it would give the impression that they actually care.

Associate
Lets be honest here, that is EXACTLY the point I'm trying to make. This took half an hour of my time to collect info already in the spreadsheet and that I remember being posted here. I strongly suspect that if they got one of the customer service people to spend 30 minutes to an hour twice a week collecting info from their team and posting it the reduction in calls and webnotes they have to deal with alonr would more than make up for the time spent actually updating us, and you know, they'd actually be updating us.

I'm not really bothered about the wait, I was expecting it to be bad when everywhere selling the cards couldn't cope with the load, but the nearly zero actual info is irritating.
Exactly this. It's not good. OC have the actual numbers too. 10-20mins a day of your time to save hours of repetative emails. It seems like a no brainer to me yet you're not doing it!

Associate
Maybe
But the 3000 series will still sell in the long run.
3080 is better , faster and cheaper then a 2080ti , the 2080ti much more expensive, they will never sell if there is a 3080 option on the table

They wouldn't lose money mate, they would make money on stock they would otherwise never shift

I don't think that you need to be donning the foil to come to that conclusion. This lack of stock globally does feel a little contrived. If there is a decent amount of last gen stock in the channel that might explain the drip feeding of 3080s initially.

There does seem to be less 2080s at the resellers than there were but maybe distribution have more than they would like. They are probably nearing the point where stock is now cleared and the supply of 3080s in decent numbers can begin. My money is on there being a sudden huge availability prior to rdna2's arrival. You know, out of the blue, as if by magic. If there is still a shortage when AMD launches (and a couple of weeks before) I will be shocked.

Associate
[/QUOTE]

Shipments this week

Summary

@Lastof
Outstanding effort sir

Last edited:
Associate
This will be the last time using OcUK, this whole thing has been an absolute mess with the lack of updates or care from the OcUK staff themselves. I ordered from here because of the whole "We have the best buying power in the UK" yet getting hardly any cards while competitors are getting 100s...

People on the forums are doing a better job then OcUK!

Associate
Yeah it is. Heard there was going to be a captcha at checkout, which was meant to stop the bots?
A bit unrelated but I recognise you from Mox. It is Morosi if you remember me.

Hey buddy, small world. :)

I hate that this forum has far more info than the OcUK provide. I'm sure plenty of us are going to remember this, but I doubt that will mean anything to them in the grand scheme of things

Associate
@Lastof
giphy.gif

Soldato
This will be the last time using OcUK, this whole thing has been an absolute mess with the lack of updates or care from the OcUK staff themselves. I ordered from here because of the whole "We have the best buying power in the UK" yet getting hardly any cards while competitors are getting 100s...

People on the forums are doing a better job then OcUK!

if you feel so strongly just cancel and give your money to someone else

Associate

Shipments this week

Summary

Great effort mate

Back
Top Bottom