Quest 2 Facebook leak - XR2 chipset, 6gb RAM, "almost 4k display"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
has anyone who is receiving tomorrow ordered from OCUK? I called them earlier and they said they haven't got stock.... that put a big bee in my bonet.

Associate
I called today - they had no stock and no idea of when it was coming in :( I was so dumbstruck and heart broken I literally sounded like a child after being told Santa isn't real.

I'm 38.

I just stood there in my changing room half dressed stunned and said "oh..... ok....... right....thanks.... bye"

honestly, I haven't been that gutted since the first Christmas my parents stopped buying me Christmas presents in favour of my 2 year old sister when I was 18.

I hope they do have stock and I was just miss-informed. I ordered everything possible from them...

Last edited:
Associate
I called today - they had no stock and no idea of when it was coming in :( I was so dumbstruck and heart broken I literally sounded like a child after being told Santa isn't real.

I'm 38.

I just stood there in my changing room half dressed stunned and said "oh..... ok....... right....thanks.... bye"

honestly, I haven't been that gutted since the first Christmas my parents stopped buying me Christmas presents in favour of my 2 year old sister when I was 18.

I hope they do have stock and I was just miss-informed. I ordered everything possible from them...

Well that is upsetting, I may have to see if anyone has stock locally for collection tomorrow then! Will give them a call tomorrow to confirm before looking around.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

It really is. You can set your account to mostly private too, thing is, if your partner/mother/father/sister/friend etc is a big facebooker, and tags you a lot, then it's easy enough to learn plenty about you regardless, by just looking through their feed instead.

I was selling my old graphics card on Facebook marketplace, and had an interested seller, but he obviously had high privacy settings, but it was easy enough to find his wife's facebook account and find out that he is in fact someone who puts together systems to sell on. Made me far happier to sell to him.

If you set your account to max privacy they can't tag you. You aren't searchable, to the outside world it's effectively like you don't have a Facebook account.

Associate
Im surprised there hasn't been any 3rd party accessories announced yet. There's still no news on the VR keyboard either. Bad business to not have these ready for the xmas market.

At least they've made it easier for 3rd party accessories, the pop on/off head strap design is a welcome change over the OG Quest. I won't be buying the Quest 2 until there's an aftermarket Halo design.

EDIT -
Looks like this is coming soon:
https://twitter.com/ZGFTECH/status/1308207484776013826

Last edited:
Soldato
Tracking has not worked yet from the £20 discounted retailer, I'm like an impatient child before Christmas haha.

Did order an elite strap from the rainforest but it seems they won't have them for a couple of months.
Kinda hoping ocuk has some spare later today to order.

Associate
Tracking has not worked yet from the £20 discounted retailer, I'm like an impatient child before Christmas haha.

Did order an elite strap from the rainforest but it seems they won't have them for a couple of months.
Kinda hoping ocuk has some spare later today to order.

I've seen at least one store with stock, Google Shopping is your friend.

Can't find the battery one anywhere though. At least the Quest 2 stock seems good this time round, it's just the accessories which are AWOL.

Last edited:
Associate
Ordered a quest 2 from Oculus shop yesterday, they gave me a delivery date of 20th October. So I checked Amazon, they said delivery today so I cancelled and ordered there instead. Just got the email last night saying it's shipped. Strange!

Associate
Yodel have it at the local depot but are still estimating tomorrow for delivery :(

I guess it doesn't matter too much since I still have some IKEA furniture to put up tonight. Boo!

Associate
Same, yodel estimated delivery date is tomorrow (Wednesday). Bit disappointing, I ordered within minutes of pre-ordering going live on the Oculus store

Soldato
Now I'm a bit peeved. Yodel are now saying it's just about 7 miles away at the local depot. Completed the bit of the journey i thought was going to cause issues. Still estimated delivery is Thursday....

Soldato
https://www.roadtovr.com/rec-room-quest-2-lost-skulls-rec-royale/amp/

Good to hear that Rec Royale is coming to quest 2 as it was my favourite mode in the game.

Looks like it'll get some noticeable visual upgrades as well.

No word on walking dead saints and sinners yet though it's supposed to be out today. Was going to buy that given it's newly out and apparently it's well optimised for quest 2.

What games is everyone else looking forward to playing on the new model?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom