*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
When people say godrays, do they mean the strange onion effect? I notice it a lot when watching videos where the scene is quite light. It's the most annoying thing about the quest 2 imho.

The effect is lessened when the room is light, but say in the prime app, you don't get an option to leave the lights switched on. It's very annoying.

Soldato
When people say godrays, do they mean the strange onion effect? I notice it a lot when watching videos where the scene is quite light. It's the most annoying thing about the quest 2 imho.

The effect is lessened when the room is light, but say in the prime app, you don't get an option to leave the lights switched on. It's very annoying.

I've seen two types of 'god rays' in the Quest. General smearing of light from bright pixels, pointing to the edge of the screen, and circlular fresnel lens glare.

Still the Quest 2 lens glare is nowhere near as annoying as the Valve index which has the most horrible lens reflections I've seen, and that's a £900 system (before you even add on the cost of the PC to run it).

Caporegime

Pretty much yes, as an example:

aZCcUrY.png

The Q1 was better, but I don't find it unacceptable on the Q2.

Soldato
The Go has by far the best lens clarity of any of the Oculus headsets. Nearly non-existent god-rays. I'm surprised that the Quest 2 is so bad by comparison as they're supposed to be similar or the same lenses.

Associate
After the update to VD today I thought I'd try the wifi link again and today it works! I even popped upstairs and had a quick blast on Alyx.

It was such a seamless experience, into Steam VR pull up the game I want and I'm in.

Amazing and hopefully it's only going to get better.

Soldato
How can you tell if a steam VR game will work or will they all work via link?

What he said:

If a Steam game's description says 'Oculus Rift' it should be compatible with the Link cable. Virtual Desktop has its own specific compatiblity list.

Certainly the vast, vast majority work with oculus headsets no problem at all... I can’t recall running into one that didn’t. Obviously to be sure we are talking running on your pc here, you can’t install a mobile game from steam.

Last edited:
Associate
I hope they sell the Elite Battery strap separately at some point as I don't need the case as my old one fits the Quest2 just fine. I'm very happy with the battery-less elite strap for the time being though!

Soldato
I hope they sell the Elite Battery strap separately at some point as I don't need the case as my old one fits the Quest2 just fine. I'm very happy with the battery-less elite strap for the time being though!

The old case won't fit the Quest 2 with the Battery strap installed as far as I know.

Back
Top Bottom