Soldato
OP
Oh, incidently the commands for checking out the webcam are:

V4L2-ctl --list-devices
V4L2-ctl --list-formats
V4L2-ctl --list-formats-ext
Also:
lsusb
lsusb -s 001:005 -v (where 001 is the bus IS and 005 is the device ID got from the first lsusb command. Pipe through grep to filter or copy to notepad and browse)

Note that capitalisation of the v4l2 command is solely to differentiate between an L and a 1.

Associate
Decided to check over the 6SE after 30 hours of print time and have a good look around it internally.
Everything was good, could see the switch reported issue, 6A switch with 16A spade connectors to it.
Decided to bypass the switch and remove it, I will get something more suitable, easy to do just remove one cable and connect it directly to the main socket after removing the switch wire from that post.
Nice to see everything hot glued down to lock in place on the main board.

Pics of the board,

I'll add a direct link at the bottom of this post to access the full size pic.

cRCOPeRh.jpg

WmBY08Ah.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/cRCOPeR.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Decided to check over the 6SE after 30 hours of print time and have a good look around it internally.
Everything was good, could see the switch reported issue, 6A switch with 16A spade connectors to it.
Decided to bypass the switch and remove it, I will get something more suitable, easy to do just remove one cable and connect it directly to the main socket after removing the switch wire from that post.
Nice to see everything hot glued down to lock in place on the main board.

Pics of the board,

I'll add a direct link at the bottom of this post to access the full size pic.

cRCOPeRh.jpg

WmBY08Ah.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/cRCOPeR.jpg

Thanks for the pics.

I will bypass mine when I get it.

Soldato
OP
Very true. May have to replace my cat with the PLA one that my son calls "Chairman Meow". Chairman Meow has NEVER left bits of wildlife smeared across the hall floor!

Soldato
Got my replacement TMC2209's yesterday from Aliexpress, only 18 days for delivery which is pretty good. Printer back up and running now. I'm going to tidy up the wiring to improve airflow in the electronics box jus tin case they were getting too hot.

Soldato
OP
Got my replacement TMC2209's yesterday from Aliexpress, only 18 days for delivery which is pretty good. Printer back up and running now. I'm going to tidy up the wiring to improve airflow in the electronics box jus tin case they were getting too hot.

If you're running a 40mm Noctua, have you room to cut in a bigger one? Or at least measure the temps things are getting to? I ran a 92mm Noctua for my control box - it was the only one they did thin enough - and that seems to do ok cooling the control, PSU, Pi and buck convertors. Box wasn't warm to the touch after 33½ hours of print time so I'm figuring it's happy enough.

Associate
Own a CR10s Pro v2 and Ender 3 (upgraded the balls out of the latter) Currently working on Iron Man MK85 suit as a statue even though its wearable but cosplay not really my thing! And Robocop 1987 but waiting on the improved designs for this since i was disappointed by the way the chin guard looked nothing like the 87 movie. Luckily the designer stated v2 is in the works so looking forward to that one!

https://imgur.com/a/qmsOht3
qmsOht3

Associate
Deuse, as Chris pointed out ....check all the bolts including the ones under the glass bed, mine were well loose.

Todays print just under eight hour job. + a note to myself not to use a glue stick with this printer!, hell of a job getting the thing off the bed.

Pleased with it though, now have a roller bearing filament holder:). (sorry for crappy pic)

Ycanlv8h.jpg

Soldato
If you're running a 40mm Noctua, have you room to cut in a bigger one? Or at least measure the temps things are getting to? I ran a 92mm Noctua for my control box - it was the only one they did thin enough - and that seems to do ok cooling the control, PSU, Pi and buck convertors. Box wasn't warm to the touch after 33½ hours of print time so I'm figuring it's happy enough.

Yes I'm planning to print a new and modified control box with either another fan or a much bigger one. I'm running this electronics enclosure currently with a Pi3 and buck converters in there. Pi SoC is around 38C most of the time.

Soldato
Deuse, as Chris pointed out ....check all the bolts including the ones under the glass bed, mine were well loose.

Todays print just under eight hour job. + a note to myself not to use a glue stick with this printer!, hell of a job getting the thing off the bed.

Pleased with it though, now have a roller bearing filament holder:). (sorry for crappy pic)

Ycanlv8h.jpg

Nice print :)

I tightened the bed and Z axis before printing.
Creality have a lot of work to do on the software side.

I haven't upgraded the firmware as yet.

Soldato
OP
I bought a 1/4-20 UNC die (tripod thread) to make a mounting post for the new webcam. Like I'd done for the PlayStation 3 Eye but it has an existing thread. Made a lovely aluminium post that screws into the thread and mounts through the hole in the game's corner reinforcement. Nice. Moved the carriage about to test.....crunch. New cam sticks out just touch more. Going to have to remove all the cam's mounting and design something from scratch. :-/

Back
Top Bottom