• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate

Which is why you wait for reviews and external benchmarks.

I haven't tried FH4 myself, did a quick google so take with a grain of salt also.. but 30 series still loses
unknown.png

Last edited:
Associate
I am happy with these results even if they are a bit not accurate. I must have the RX 6800 XT. No way not to have it :eek:

Great offering, no doubt. Good on AMD. I'm not a fanboy of either, myself. Competition is good for us consumers :)

If they come out with one with an extra DP connection, I might be tempted (that includes with the usb-c being in use) so 4 total. Only seen 2 + usb-c (so adapter needed) at the moment.
Although, I do have gsync screens atm, another thing to contend with, although next year will be looking at a (or some) new panels. So for now, will sit back happy that my 3090 can drive what I need, safe in the knowledge that AMD will be putting pressure on the lazy, to up their game too.

Soldato
Well, I'm saying in the context of having enough availability to wage a price war (aka sell on volume). Even Turing if you look at it was plagued with such issues and it was on a very mature & plentiful node.

For Ampere, Samsung is.. doo-doo, so no great many chips will fly out of their fabs. For RDNA 2, it shares space with CPUs & Consoles and so much else besides, so it doesn't have free reign either. So while availability no doubt will improve over time, I don't think it's going to be at a level where they just spit out so many chips that NV & AMD will wage a price war.

Gotcha, That makes more sense after the expansion. Thanks for clearing it up.

Permabanned
This does concern me tbh. If Nvidia push for hardcore RT - which they might because of their financial influence - then AMD might have a problem.

Anyway.. I'm still excited about these cards, and should be able to pickup a 6800xt, or maybe the 6800 due to lower TDP being better for my SFF PSU.

AMD will give RT support, but at 1/2 or 1/4 resolution. As an example your main game runs along at 4k, but the RT shadows and reflections maybe done at 1080p. That's a decent compromise if RT is not your thing.

Soldato
I sort of feel AMD have missed a trick by not pricing the 6800 closer to the 3070.

I don't think I could personally ever justify spending over £500 on a GPU alone. Really hope it's closer to £500 than £600.

I bought my 1080 for £500 in 2017 and i don't think I'm quite ready to justify another £500+ spend yet myself... Even if i do really want to! Haha! I might just wait and make it part of a new PC instead.

Permabanned
Associate
It’ll be interesting to see the difference between SAM on and off. That might be the deal breaker for some who aren’t upgrading the CPU as well.

Soldato
Well, we're getting 2x the (effective) memory bandwidth and 2x the ROPs of RDNA gen 1. This is pretty much the best case scenario that I thought *might* happen at a tdp of 300w, I thought the ROP count and bandwidth would be a bit lower, more like the RTX 3090. They are superior GPUs on paper vs the RTX 3090, at least in some respects :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom