• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Totally shocked at the numbers other competitors have been shipping out. I didn’t want to look to make our experience any worse but man....... it’s opened my eyes. How others are getting them but OCUK aren’t is shocking.
Yeah, 5+ brands is normal, but OCUK only a single brand coming in (MSI) from what I can see... what's going on here?

Associate
in the last week (since weekend oct 24 - you can see for yourself using waybackmachine), an unnamed UK competitor's queues for 3080s have gone from:

asus 884>817
evga 979>799
gigabyte 507>413
MSI 852>676

worth remembering that i'm sure the AMD reveal caused more than a few cancellations, but i'd be interested to see a comparison with OCUK.

Errr but that's impossible, EVGA arent shipping anything to the UK and anyway the distributors have exploded and Apple have bought all the planes /s

Associate
ngl the guy on the phone made it sound like they have basically stopped looking at the forums cause of the number of people that are requesting information(rightly so)

imagine people wanting information on the £700 order they made months back while the competition now seems to be getting up to speed with orders. how entitled.

Associate
Strix Non-OC peeps - I'm told that the other etailler that has pre-orders open has recieved a very small number of Non-OC cards. Would be good to hear from Gibbo if that means OCUK are expecting some, or is their claim on being the number 1 stockist of Nvidia GPU's in the UK something of a Fabrication.

Cheers

Associate
Bro look at my last post for what update i could get out of oc on the phones
there's a reason i can't trust that info as well, cause i called too and one gave some vague answer, another CC employee gave another contradicting info. Must add that the info requested was not about 3080 cards, but i believe this kind of situation is not limited to select products

Associate
Strix Non-OC peeps - I'm told that the other etailler that has pre-orders open has recieved a very small number of Non-OC cards. Would be good to hear from Gibbo if that means OCUK are expecting some, or is their claim on being the number 1 stockist of Nvidia GPU's in the UK something of a Fabrication.

Cheers
If they had such a good relationship with Nvidia how come the other one always gets the FE drops? Talk about blatant lies

Associate
I have never been more put off from a site/seller in my life.. I specifically chose OCUK over **** and ****** as I assumed they would provide best/most timely/accurate service with best customer support... Mindboggling experience so far

Soldato
If they had such a good relationship with Nvidia how come the other one always gets the FE drops? Talk about blatant lies

There probably was a bidding process by NVIDIA for retailers and someone else won that contract. Nothing to do with relationship, money speaks.

Associate
Looking at the competitor numbers for MSI, last place in their queue is in a better position than I am despite ordering on launch day. (602 for gaming X). In fact its looking like they may well clear that queue completely and start selling again long before OC get through their day 1 sales, not to mention the rest of the pre-orders they've taken since. If OC don't get their **** together soon, all the pre-orders they've been taking could be for nothing.

Back
Top Bottom