• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Calm that optimism, never know with these guys could be months before next shipment lol

MSI seem to be reasonably regular. I'd say they've averaged to fortnightly.

MSI 3080 Shipments we know of:
18th Sept: 5 Trios, ??? Ventus
21st Sept: "very small amount", no idea which
29th Sept: 30 Trios
7th Oct: "OK" amount of Ventus
15th Oct: "Small" amount Trios (Customer Service reported 11)
20th Oct: Gibbo stated that 55 Trios had been shipped so far since 17th Sept
5th Nov: 125 Trios & 15 Ventus

We've been told 100 of the 125 Trios were due last week and delayed, so if they had been the 30th they'd be pretty on track for weekly deliveries with alternating weeks depending on the card, and a little blip in the middle of October as the effect of Golden Week at the end of September reaching us with shipping delays.

So, if I were betting, I'd guess none next week, but "ok" amounts the week after.

Associate
I saw a few mention they had queue updates yesterday. Can anyone confirm if that's queue update for brands that have shipped or have I been forgot ?

Associate
So, if I were betting, I'd guess none next week, but "ok" amounts the week after.
Well I hope so for the msi guys,
But after what happened with the eagles I'm not longer going to be assuming anything,
Even if gibbo says they are in, I wont believe it until I have a email saying shipped lol

Associate
I saw a few mention they had queue updates yesterday. Can anyone confirm if that's queue update for brands that have shipped or have I been forgot ?

Shipped brands. Might have just been the MSI Trios, not sure I saw anything about the Ventus queue getting an update, and last we heard there was still a <10 queue position that hadn't got one shipped so maybe they hadn't all been packed for some reason, and the queue can't update till after they do.

Mass update should be later today.

Associate
Ah, I remember Gibbo! Back in the day he used to post updates :)

We'll get an update today about the "most 3080s" of course.

Y'know, unless he did just make up that claim to get people off his back. Guess we'll find out in a few hours, right @Gibbo?

Edit: his last post included:
I won't be able to respond to individuals questions because we are very busy with sourcing stock but I shall try my best.

You heard it here first, folks. Sourcing stock happens in the cars, garden and stocks forums (I'd always thought the stock forums was about the stock market and share trading but clearly not!)

Associate
Well I hope so for the msi guys,
But after what happened with the eagles I'm not longer going to be assuming anything,
Even if gibbo says they are in, I wont believe it until I have a email saying shipped lol

I might have just paid more attention because MSI is the queue I'm in, but generally the impression I've got is that of the "big" brands MSI is the only one there seem to be regular not utterly terrible size (which sadly means more than 10 cards) deliveries from.

I don't get how ASUS and Gigabyte seem to be making so much worse of a showing, especially since they both have Reps with accounts here, which MSI doesn't, which if anything should suggest OC has a better relationship with them than they do with MSI.

Last edited:
Associate
We'll get an update today about the "most 3080s" of course.

Y'know, unless he did just make up that claim to get people off his back. Guess we'll find out in a few hours, right @Gibbo?

I'm still betting he meant "most Gigabyte 3080s" in that post, as with the 3090s in the line above, but just doesn't proof-read and think about how what he post might be misconstrued. I'm still willing to believe he is just bad at conveying the information, rather than malicious, but overall that isn't any better!

Associate
I'm still betting he meant "most Gigabyte 3080s" in that post, as with the 3090s in the line above, but just doesn't proof-read and think about how what he post might be misconstrued. I'm still willing to believe he is just bad at conveying the information, rather than malicious, but overall that isn't any better!
Yeah hes very bad, sometimes his updates tend to lead to more questions, and I'm pretty sure at this point he has decided to stay well away from this particular thread,
He probably blissfully unaware that people are confused by some updates.

Edit: like you said, they need a community manager to step in at this current time, someone with the same information he has,
We now have all nvidia cards released,
Ryzen out,
Soon to be 6000x series,
All of which is going to cause queues and threads of where is my product,
Would go a long way for their reputation to have someone to answer the masses more regularly

Last edited:
Associate
On the MSI cards? Yesterday Shovinus who is OC's IT guy was helping out on Discord and looked it up for us. 100 arrived Wednesday night and then shipped out in the morning, then another 25 arrived and made the day of people who thought they'd just missed the shipment.

Those numbers tally with Gibbo's statements that a "Large" shipment was due to leave the factory on 23rd Oct and a "Small" one on 31st Oct. Whether the "Very Large" expected this week was just those two combined, or there are even more coming today/delayed to early next week, we don't know (though personally I suspect that was all of them and we won't see more for a couple of weeks, hope I'm wrong though).

Agreed it would be nice to get answer to this if possible @GIGA-Man or @Gibbo

Associate
Yeah hes very bad, sometimes his updates tend to lead to more questions, and I'm pretty sure at this point he has decided to stay well away from this particular thread,
He probably blissfully unaware that people are confused by some updates.

That particular update multiple of us DIRECTLY asked him to clarify while he was active in the general 90/80/70 thread. Now I get that he was responding to queries about the 3070 launch then, so maybe didn't want to encorage the 3080/90 flood gates to open, but even if he didn't reply he should have read the queries and posted an update in the update thread to make abundantly clear what he meant, rather than a week later people still not being sure and us about to have a weekend of this topic again be people shouting that they were lied to (though, I now just avoid the topic at weekends and mark read before I come in on Monday morning). I'm going to keep assuming incompetence over malice, but he certainly isn't making it easy to do so.

Back
Top Bottom