• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Funnily enough I've actually got a TUF OC up on the members market
I do wish the entry requirements for MM weren't so steep. Been a member here since 2008, but I'm still 900+ posts away from access because I tend to only post when I have something genuinely useful to say.

Associate
One thing to be said for not cancelling your order here, if like me you're about 800 or so in a queue for a card, is that as it looks likely quite a few of us are going to be waiting until after new year for a card god knows what the UK leaving the EU on the 1st of January is going to do for PC hardware prices. The UK will have next to no global trade deals in place. For a whole load of reasons I'd be very surprised if prices don't go up. If you cancel your order here now you could get lucky and find a card before the new year but then again you could still be searching into 2021 and then having to pay a heck of a lot more for your card.

Associate
One thing to be said for not cancelling your order here, if like me you're about 800 or so in a queue for a card, is that as it looks likely quite a few of us are going to be waiting until after new year for a card god knows what the UK leaving the EU on the 1st of January is going to do for PC hardware prices. The UK will have next to no global trade deals in place. For a whole load of reasons I'd be very surprised if prices don't go up. If you cancel your order here now you could get lucky and find a card before the new year but then again you could still be searching into 2021 and then having to pay a heck of a lot more for your card.

If you're in the position to (especially 2 months after launch), you can always just have cash ready to grab a card if you find one then cancel here after. That was my plan but I hadn't got around to cancelling when the shipping notification came through :p I got my FE with paypal finance so I've got 4 months interest free on it anyway

Associate
So we've had somewhere between 3 and 339 turn up...

Alas I'm 38 for the TUF Non-OC and can confirm I've not had an email yet :(

Does seem rather strange, 3rd and 339 positions get email, maybe we will all get dispatch tomorrow.
I know other cards have been sent from the bottom and top of queue allocation the number of cards cover so maybe they sent a few before closing today, we can only hope.

Not everybody looks at the forum and there a big gaps in the numbers on the Spreadsheet from @Lastof so maybe a few more have been dispatched along with the two posted.

Associate
Does seem rather strange, 3rd and 339 positions get email, maybe we will all get dispatch tomorrow.
I know other cards have been sent from the bottom and top of queue allocation the number of cards cover so maybe they sent a few before closing today, we can only hope.

Haha I like your optimism!
Let's hope eh!

Associate
I still think the 339 was a typo. I doubt it was a windup; as I said I've had my confirmation and it'd be weird for someone not in the non-OC queue to know that cards were shipping (after all, our lord and saviour @Gibbo knew sweet FA about them... or at least couldn't be bothered to tell us. I'll let him pick which he prefers.) I'd guess it was actually 33 or 39.

I'd be extremely frustrated with ASUS if 339 was true, because that'd only mean they were literally hoarding the cards into a giant stockpile before sending them out instead of sending what they have. I'm interested to see if there's a manufacturing date on the box and I'll post back with that tomorrow...

If it's any help my confirmation email was 5:13pm and the codes were 6pm dead

Associate
rascal1993 did write his queue position down as 339 in two seperate posts and did not come back with an alteration where it was mentioned in a couple of other posts, so not a typo.

So either a Wet Dream amount of cards in or a mistake on OC's part.

Back
Top Bottom