Assassin's Creed - Valhalla

Soldato
The past two games have been the best in the series to date. Going full on RPG and I love it.

If so, I'd gladly give the new Viking one a chance ... but the tired game mechanics and bland missions really give me the hives, and I'll remain sceptical until proven wrong :)

Soldato
Managed to picked up the gold version of Odyssey on Black Friday for the same price as the normal version. Was hoping for the same this year

Soldato
Can a mod not change the title to Valhalla?

I have an issue with the PS5 version. I cannot perform heavy attacks at all when pressing R2. Whether I press or hold down or with any weapon; nothing?! The controller is seemingly OK as I can use the bow and R2 works with drawing and loosing an arrow. No issues with other games.

Strange.

Associate
Can a mod not change the title to Valhalla?

I have an issue with the PS5 version. I cannot perform heavy attacks at all when pressing R2. Whether I press or hold down or with any weapon; nothing?! The controller is seemingly OK as I can use the bow and R2 works with drawing and loosing an arrow. No issues with other games.

Strange.

Pressing R2 doesnt do a heavy attack any longer. It opens up the abilites menu where you can press a button to do a special attack. I think a heavy attack is holding on the R1 button\bumper

Soldato
Pressing R2 doesnt do a heavy attack any longer. It opens up the abilites menu where you can press a button to do a special attack. I think a heavy attack is holding on the R1 button\bumper
Hmmm. So I did notice you can bind abilities to the d-pad when you hold it down but I also thought it performed an actual heavy attack? I'd better go look up some yt vids. I'm bemused!

Soldato
Hmmm. So I did notice you can bind abilities to the d-pad when you hold it down but I also thought it performed an actual heavy attack? I'd better go look up some yt vids. I'm bemused!

Check the controller options in the game. All other AC games use R2 maybe this one is different. I only played it for a few hours to see how it looked so I can't remember which trigger/button it is.

Soldato
Well this is annoying. I loaded a manually saved game right at the start and then reloaded my current saved game and now when tapping R2, it does perform a heavy attack. I'm none the wiser!

Soldato
I've so far had very few issues with the game.
I did manage to assassinate a character I wasn't supposed to - there is a mission where you chase someone after talking to him. You catch him and he apologises, he has your father's axe.
As I was chasing him the assassinate option came up, which I accidentally clicked and the whole game just hung on a black screen. Reload last save fixed that.
I've managed to fall through a piece of scenery - my character just bouncing up & down with no way to escape.
Finally, the anomalies - found my first one, went to try and do it and the light beam generators were in such a position it was impossible to get past the second block. This was an acknowledge bug in the Ubisoft forums, so I'm hoping that one is fixed.

Really pleased I picked it as one of my launch titles.

Soldato
Got my copy yesterday after a bit of a delay. Seems good so far, although I got a bit distracted playing the dice game and haven't got much further!

Back
Top Bottom