• Digital Only Version

Votes: 172 16.2%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 661 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Yeah, the price made me seriously consider about whether to buy it but I caved in as I wanted a ps5 game to go with the console!

It's basically the reason I bought the PS5 at launch and the reviews have been overwhelmingly positive so I couldn't really resist. My copy of demon's souls is sitting waiting for my PS5 to arrive!

Sony might get away with it in the run up to Xmas during the launch hype honeymoon period but I can see a lot of people refusing to accept £70 as the new normal for game pricing. It's the most I've spent on a videogame since I bought Turok Dinosaur Hunter for my Nintendo 64 in 1997!

I was thinking this recently. I remember spending about the same on Donkey Kong with the expansion pak and this was 21 odd years ago...!

For a high quality game I don’t mind spending the same two decades later. It just means being more selective with which games to buy, and picking up other titles second hand later down the line.

Associate
Dispatch email from very like others on here, might get it a day early. I ordered a second on Amazon as I’ve never used Very before and a very thankful colleague would like it. I’ll be charging retail price and some Jaffa cakes.

I’ve been tracking some sales on eBay and people are paying over the odds. I hope everyone who wants one by Christmas can get one.

Associate
Still nothing from currys, hoping to receive a dispatch email tomorrow
Got demon's souls today from very, £44 using the new credit account £30 credit code

Soldato
Dispatch notice received from Game tonight. Looks like they're using DHL next day. Not long now!

Edit: just noticed I paid extra for my delivery which explains why mine is DHL and not Yodel

Last edited:
Soldato
Had the game email here also, but using Yodal. Getting prepped for the "we tried to deliver but no one was home" message.

Pet Northerner
Don
Not too worried as still early, I'm just totally hyped for PS5

Much as I got the Xbox I wasn't too hyped for that but ps5 I'd be gutted if it was delayed in any way

I'm working all week (let my colleague who also has a pre order nab tomorrow and Friday off) so I won't get a chance to play heavily until sat.

But at least I can look at it and get things installed

Soldato
I wouldn't worry, mines the same but I love near distribution centres so won't ship until tonight

Exactly, don't panic. if you live near one then it will despatch in the middle of the night tonight. Those who live farther will have had it despatched yesterday via DPD. They will not use DPD if you are in near the centre / in a heavily dense amazon logistics area.

Not too worried as still early, I'm just totally hyped for PS5

Much as I got the Xbox I wasn't too hyped for that but ps5 I'd be gutted if it was delayed in any way

I got the Xbox Series X too, is a bit underwhelming but then again it is probably because I bought the next gen games I wanted for the PS5. It was a purchase I made spontaneously as was able to get one on launch day.

Soldato
I feel like a kid again. Up this morning first pumping round the kitchen. Booked Friday off also :)
My Amazon says arriving tomorrow but no money taken not even pending on my card yet :(
N.Iron here so they are probably just making sure I get it incase of ferry delays. I'm actually checking weather forecasts right about now lol

Also looks like it's coming by Amazon themselves so result for me.

Soldato
Confused by my Shopto order as I ordered a couple games and controller. They turned up on the 12th but if you look at orders on your account the ps5 is in with it but of course never dispatched.

Wait for an email from DPD I guess.

Caporegime
Confused by my Shopto order as I ordered a couple games and controller. They turned up on the 12th but if you look at orders on your account the ps5 is in with it but of course never dispatched.

Wait for an email from DPD I guess.
I’m with ShopTo and have a bad feeling about it tbh. They’re not answering to anyone’s questions on helpdesk or social media

Back
Top Bottom