• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I have been playing Watchdogs at 4K on a 2080 and it is the first time I actually felt RT and DLSS are worth using. It is actually playable on my Freesync 4K monitor but only with DLSS enabled.

Caporegime
From the reviews I have now seen it seems that Nvidia has the advantage overall, especially at 4k even (without DLSS).

If you owned a 3080fe and had the option of a straight swap, games at 4k what would you do ?

I would sort my **** out and start asking why I repeatedly keep buying hardware left rght and centre without having any clue what I am doing. Do you not do your research? Do you have general issues with reaching informed decisions?

You're all over the place, all the time.

Caporegime

Ok, I will preface this by saying that this review by Coretek is very articulate and accurate reporting. Yes, I'm surprised.
-He explains why disparity of performance between AMD vs Nvidia sponsored titles.
-He explains how to enable SAM in the bios for x570 board
-He explains that Dirt 5 RT is optimized for RX 6000 and shows you what to expect from other ported games that use RT for the Uarch
-He admits that RT is still a gimmick overall.

Most important:
-He uses a AMD PC Build as his test bed. Something I'm finding hard to see in these other reviews

:D

Thats incredibly impressive. The 5800 matches the 3090 in some cases! It's more than double the price!

Soldato
No matter what side you want, red or green, the fact AMD have a card that competes with Nvidia after all these years, is a good thing for pushing each other. Happy to stick to AMD as I've Freesync but if this pushes Nvidia then AMD will have to work hard again to compete...that's good for all of us :)
Would be nice if competition meant lower prices but as of yet I see little evidence of that since AMD seem happy to just match Nvidia pricing with GPUs and now charge more than intel for CPUs.

Caporegime
Would be nice if competition meant lower prices but as of yet I see little evidence of that since AMD seem happy to just match Nvidia pricing with GPUs and now charge more than intel for CPUs.

Well considering the last high end card from nvidia was £1150 i'd say prices have went down a bit (or at least reverted to around about where they were a few years ago). I can only imagine what nvidia would have priced the 3 series at had amd **** the bed with the 6 series.

Soldato
From the reviews I have now seen it seems that Nvidia has the advantage overall, especially at 4k even (without DLSS).

I would sort my **** out and start asking why I repeatedly keep buying hardware left rght and centre without having any clue what I am doing. Do you not do your research? Do you have general issues with reaching informed decisions?

You're all over the place, all the time.

I'm allowed to be all over the place

Associate
His reviews are terrible recently and a sellout. Go check other reviews. He sees AMD have 1 % lead and sits there going over it many times in a positive manner but NVIDIA beat it by 20%+ he goes well AMD is fast enough at that resolution and don't need more frames than that. He's really full of it recently and look at his body language at the end, liar liar pants on fire behaviour. Sellouts like many of the reviewers on youtube.

AMD did good and happy to see they are back but sorry 3080 vs 6800xt , 3080 is still better value.

Also HU are clearly siding with manufacturers that are sponsoring them or back hand payments or free hardware. Many more are doing this now, Even digital foundry are not the same , total Nvidia shills now and Intel shills. I'm not sticking up for AMD or Nvidia here they are both as bad as each other.

BUT youtube reviewers are disgusting these days with their shilling and twisting facts or adding negatives when their results clearly show it's better.
I watched that review i rolled my eyes at his conclusion he said if the 3080 is available and the 6800xt you should get the 6800xt in many ways its the better card rubbish no its not ray tracing performance is terrible and no DLSS the 3080 is still better even without those features.

Associate
AMD dominates new titles... Nvidia older ones.

Ok, I will preface this by saying that this review by Coretek is very articulate and accurate reporting. Yes, I'm surprised.
-He explains why disparity of performance between AMD vs Nvidia sponsored titles.
-He explains that Dirt 5 RT is optimized for RX 6000 and shows you what to expect from other ported games that use RT for the Uarch

Most important:
-He uses a AMD PC Build as his test bed. Something I'm finding hard to see in these other reviews

AND AMD dominates new titles... Nvidia older titles. The same trend occurred with AMD new CPU´s...

Soldato

Most important:

What's this.

The ONLY reviewer I've seen to use a 5950 rig for testing.

Associate
To me, unless you REALLY want RT performance, the 6800XT (or 6800) are absolute no brainers over the whole Ampere range.

Even in the few games where they're 'slower', 1% lows tend to be much better than the 3070 and 3080 (and in some cases 3090). Frame times are an absolute mess on Ampere.

With SAM active, it's almost a whitewash. Though given that orders placed now for 5xxx are likely to be February at earliest, and NVIDIA say they can replicate it with Ampere (we'll see) ... it's not quite as good as it looks atm.

Associate
he wont be able to load the ultra HD textures in minecraft with his 10GB vram either.
The 2080 8GB could load the ultra HD textures for photorealistic ray traced minecraft. https://youtu.be/vpi-3q98uH4

If you are 4k gaming then the RTX 3080 is faster. Want a future proof card that can do RT heavy games at 4k then get a RTX 3080.

As new games get released, the lack of bandwidth at 4k will hurt the AMD cards more than the Nvidia ones.

Soldato
well, I guess the stock is worse than Nvidia which is pretty poor IMHO. Only one retailer in DK seems to have received stock and on their site, they state only 50 6800xt and 50 6800 were received and no more would be coming in from PowerColor/AMD. I guess reference design is limited and its all up to the AIBs and their custom models. Wonder if they are gonna pull an Nvidia move and have higher prices for those versus MSRP.

Soldato
I watched that review i rolled my eyes at his conclusion he said if the 3080 is available and the 6800xt you should get the 6800xt in many ways its the better card rubbish no its not ray tracing performance is terrible and no DLSS the 3080 is still better even without those features.

We understand mate, you bought a 3090 at twice the cost of a 3080 and 6800xt for 10% more performance, I would be ****** to.

Associate
The main issue is overclocking wont help the RT performance much. Given consoles games are going to use RT, this means NVidia is ahead in future games. You will have better quality for RT on Nvidia cards. AMD cards will look like their console counter parts with limited RT features or 1080p resolution for RT heavy games. AMD's upscaling seems to hit vRAM harder than DLSS.

From a standpoint of RT I dont see how the 6900xt could match the RTX 3080. The RTX 3090 is top card at the moment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom