• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3060Ti

Associate
I'm hoping some stock goes live at 2pm but if it doesn't, oh well. It would be nice if OCUK could have preorders open indefinitely.
Dont think thats the case. Looks like its been opened to the members market, if stock is available after they will open it here. But an earlier post indicated that they would open sales at a quieter time with a forum message alerting us with 30-60 minutes notice.

Associate
Dont think thats the case. Looks like its been opened to the members market, if stock is available after they will open it here. But an earlier post indicated that they would open sales at a quieter time with a forum message alerting us with 30-60 minutes notice.
In that case, I'll keep an eye out for an alert but I'll be scanning the site and forum occasionally regardless.

Soldato

There are some 30 series cards available from forum members but Gibbo hasn't made the 3060ti available (yet).

Associate
Delaying the release like Overclockers have has been a mistake.

Now the card has sold out everywhere else, it just means every man and his dog are now focused on Overclockers knowing they're the only retailer with stock. The number of people camping the website isn't going to ease up, especially with the product pages live.

The only way that is going to change is to remove the product pages and only make them live when ready to actually sell the SKU. However, as I'm sure most people are using some sort of stock alert notification that isn't going to stop the website being flooded as soon as they're live.

From what I gather OC have delayed because their systems can't cope with the load, but they're not upgrading systems until well into next year and demand for the cards isn't going anywhere.

So... I don't see why they can't just implement a captcha to beat the bots, list the damn cards and be done with it - if the website is that fragile it is going to crash whatever. Refusing to sell any cards is helping no one and obviously causing further problems.

Soldato
My official order status is:
Order received: 15:21
Payment Authorised: 17:19

Still not picked. So many mixed emotions - Ryzen 7 5800X CPU arrived today but not sure where I stand with a GPU.

Associate

Now the card has sold out everywhere else, it just means every man and his dog are now focused on Overclockers knowing they're the only retailer with stock. The number of people camping the website isn't going to ease up, especially with the product pages live.

The only way that is going to change is to remove the product pages and only make them live when ready to actually sell the SKU. However, as I'm sure most people are using some sort of stock alert notification that isn't going to stop the website being flooded as soon as they're live.

From what I gather OC have delayed because their systems can't cope with the load, but they're not upgrading systems until well into next year and demand for the cards isn't going anywhere.

So... I don't see why they can't just implement a captcha to beat the bots, list the damn cards and be done with it - if the website is that fragile it is going to crash whatever. Refusing to sell any cards is helping no one and obviously causing further problems.

Agreed, in reality, they should have delayed and given forums users a heads up.

But delayed until maybe 2.13 or something so other websites were still the focus. Now every single person will be pointing themselves here. Shame, as the intention was good, and appreciated!

Associate
Refusing to sell any cards is helping no one and obviously causing further problems.

But it does help them, they dont have to further worsen their brand like they have to some extent with the 3090/80/70 release.

Its good they're trying to think outside the box rather than making the same mistakes over and over and not caring about actual customers. I have tried gettng the 3080/70/60TI so far with no luck and its not because other gamers got them before me, its idiots buying to resell to bigger idiots.

Personally id just have them in store 1 per person and proof of address which goes on a database to say you have had one, id drive a few hours to get one if i knew it was there waiting.

Back
Top Bottom