• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6900XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Soldato
I don't understand why AMD keeps 'launching' products they clearly haven't manufactured. They need to stop making excuses, and start making cards!

Probably because they have a few that pass the quality test to make a 6900XT so they make a bit more profit. Yeah enough to buy the CEO lunch probably with the numbers involved!

Associate
Probably because they have a few that pass the quality test to make a 6900XT so they make a bit more profit. Yeah enough to buy the CEO lunch probably with the numbers involved!

It's silly though, they're just going to look even more incompetent than they already do. Maybe they don't care about their image any more?

Associate
It's silly though, they're just going to look even more incompetent than they already do. Maybe they don't care about their image any more?

Their image to us, I.E. pretty hardcore enthusiasts, might be marred, but to the layman consumer who likes gaming? All they hear is the latest and greatest is in short supply, ergo, in their mind, it must be ******* brilliant.

Ultimately, shortage = higher consumer desire.

Look at Air Jordans, for example.

Associate
I have no inside knowledge but based on what happened with the 6800/XT and 3060TI launches, I think OcUK will probably put the products up on the site well after 2pm and only to view pricing. They don't want the headache of bots spamming the site when they would only end up with a LOT of backorders and all the hassle that brings.

If we're lucky, OcUK will handle the 6900XT MBA cards like the 6800/XT and 3060TI cards and give everyone a heads up on the forum just before they activate the buy button. That's likely not going to be for a few days and that's assuming OcUK have enough stock to make it worth the hassle.

@Gibbo said in a posts last week that he was moving house so I'm not surprised we haven't heard from him. Hopefully he's managed to get moved ok and maybe relax a little this weekend.

If you're keen to get a 6900XT, I would fight the bots at 2PM at the other retailers; maybe you'll get lucky. If not, keep a close eye on the forums for updates. When the cards did go up with only an announcement on the forums, they were up for 5-10 minutes only and OcUK still oversold slightly on a few models.

Good luck!

Associate
Read some where that one of the biggest online retailers in Europe only has 35 - 6900XT cards to sell at launch.
So I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Since launch we have only managed to get hold of 10 - 6800's where I work and no 6800XT's at all.

Stock availability is just really bad.

[EDIT] https://videocardz.com/newz/the-big...5-radeon-rx-6900-xt-graphics-cards-for-launch

One of the biggest is a few km from me, and you are correct, 35 for sale, they are doing a raffle for them, 1 max per account, seemingly this is keep bots and scalpers away, we will see. They do say they have a follow up delivery, but it's not many.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom