Which laptop?

Associate
Looking at new laptops, haven't bought in a couple years so out the loop a bit. Thinking of either a triton 300, hellios 300 or the msi ge66 but not sure which would be the best.
Surprised of the Hz of the screens nowadays.
The helios has 200hz.
Only be used for gaming

Or suggestions around 1500/1600 mark welcome

Last edited:
Permabanned
I went for the Legion7 15IMHg05, a really nice built machine also nice keyboard and back lighting also the screen is amazing , images are crisp and sharp and so much detail,the speakers are damm good also
Just upgrade to 32GB

Associate
OP
Thanks, I've just had a look and they certainly seen to have a lot better reviews than a y of the ones I'm looking at. Ill have another look tonight at all the different specs. I7/ 2070 would be fine for me. My current laptop has a 1070, how much of a jump would a 2060/2070 be.

Also seen the rog stix and razer blade but reviews say the razer runs very hot. How does the 7i handle a few hours of gaming?

Soldato
I've had the 7i a few days now and so far I've blasted out a bit of FS2020, Modern Warfare remastered and Doom Eternal, all very high settings and it really doesnt seem to kick out much heat, however the fans do spin up a fair bit.

Just to note Im not a huge gamer but I am really impressed with it, the display is very impressive and it's not a huge heavy laptop either. My general use laptop is a Lenovo as well I am more than happy with the build quality.

Associate
OP
I've had the 7i a few days now and so far I've blasted out a bit of FS2020, Modern Warfare remastered and Doom Eternal, all very high settings and it really doesnt seem to kick out much heat, however the fans do spin up a fair bit.

Just to note Im not a huge gamer but I am really impressed with it, the display is very impressive and it's not a huge heavy laptop either. My general use laptop is a Lenovo as well I am more than happy with the build quality.

Good to know it doesn't seem to bother it even at very high settings, I'm usually gaming around 3 to 4 hrs a day when im away with work to pass the time. Think all laptop fans go nuts under pressure, can't hear it with headphones in but the person in front gets a heat:D

Associate
OP
I ended up ordering the ge66. It'll be my third MSI so I know what to expect. I did go along to my local currys to look and nobody is aloud in, wanted to see the build quality of each laptop.
On the specs for the laptop it says there is a spare gen3 slot but on overclockers it only seems to have gen4 type is this OK?
D2vNtkb.jpg
Laptop spec

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/seag...olid-state-drive-zp1000gm3a002-hd-3bw-se.html

Gen 4 ssd

Associate
OP
I got the ge66 today and noticed the 3070 version came out yesterday, got cold feet and returned it. Now I don't know what to get.
Would that be a good buy?
Or i seen the alienware with the 2070 super?
I'm a bit out if touch with the graphics cards nowadays.
I haven't dismissed all the ideas above thanks, but I have currys vouchers and a 2000 budget.

Back
Top Bottom